Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Too Much Good Stuff?

AM/PM Mini Mart convenience stores have an interesting theme. "You Can Never Have Too Much Good Stuff." I like their ads on TV - especially the one of the two guys floating on a swimming pool when a pretty girl comes up and introduces herself. I love the way one of the guys says, "Well, hello, Alex." 

I just got to thinking about all the "good stuff" we have in America. Not just in America, I'm thinking about all the "good stuff" that I have. I have so much more good stuff than I ever imagined I would ever have. God has been so good to me. The biggest problem I see with all our good stuff is that we focus too much on it and neglect the spiritual side. As I am getting "older" and getting closer to the "off ramp" (an expression I borrowed from a good friend in California), I am realizing more and more how short life is and though I am enjoying many good things, I realize how temporal these things are. I know when you are young you think, "I'll never be old" - it seems so far out there in the future. But the next thing you know, you're there. I think I need to change the tone. I think I am getting close to getting morbid here. I don't want to do that. 

What I do want to do is remind you of our new Spiritual Sundays blog. In just a few days Mr. Linky will be up so that we can start sharing inspiration/spiritual "good stuff". 



6 comments:

  1. I agree, Charlotte, we all have way too much stuff and we spend way too much time cleaning our stuff and not enough time with the spiritual good stuff! This is a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I have a lot of stuff...not as much as I used to. But I tell you, I have learned to see my things as the true blessings each day that the Lord gives us. Those smile moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right Charlotte.... and by the way... I ran out and got "The Shack"..... anyone with abuse in their past would really be touched by God.... I am giving it to my brother...
    Thank you
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlotte,

    I didn't think your post was getting morbid at all -- but then again I'm reaching an age where I'm starting to reflect on such things as well. ;^)

    Looking forward to Spiritual Sundays.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte