Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Horny Toad Restaurant


This is not the "swankiest" place we ate at this week, but it is one of our favorites. It's out in the desert at Cave Creek. They serve a whole fried chicken (broasted actually) with french fries, cole slaw and rolls for only $15.95. It is plenty for two with some chicken left over to take home.


We always like to go early to beat the crowd.


Here's Hubby on the way out reading the sign and holding our box of left over chicken.

Hope you are all having a super weekend.



7 comments:

  1. Looks just yummy! Those leftovers are great for times when we don't feel like cooking, aren't they!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! We keep talking about going there for a day and also hitting the Satisfied Frog. Apparently, we hear rumor that there is "stuff" in that story! I will have to mention it to hubby again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! My Mom and Sherry left this morning so I'm back at blogging again. Yippee!! (I miss them already though.)

    I love your new header. Your lantana is doing much better than mine are right now.

    Happy Happy Anniversary. Wow...50 years! That's something to be proud of for sure. I love the book your daughter did for you.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a strange name for a restaurant; but it looks cozy in there and inviting!! However the food now......you better only eat it once in a while, that is definetly heart attack waiting to happen food!! But ohhhh sooo goooood once and a while!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious. Makes my mouth water.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I discovered the Strawberry Shortcake and the Horny Toad I made it a point to take out of town guest there to WOW them. Hu-mong-gous and good to eat. You gotta go back there and try it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte