Saturday, July 19, 2008

Out In the Desert

It's kinda cloudy in our desert this morning. Hopefully a monsoon will be coming our way soon. They are predicting it. 

I was just looking through some old photo albums and ran across the following pictures which I took when we first moved here almost 19 years ago. The daughter and my mother were here visiting, and we took them on a journey out to the desert to explore a little. I thought what we found was pretty interesting so decided I'd share it with you today. If you are familiar with this area, I think the pictures were taken somewhere south and east of Phoenix. We haven't been back there and I'm not sure of the locations.



The daughter and the hubby.





My mother

The main reason I took the picture of Mother by the old truck was for my Dad who didn't make the trip here with her. Being a retired trucker and enjoying antique stuff, I knew he would enjoy it.

I hope you you are having a great weekend.


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the pictures, Charlotte. Looks hot and dry, and I'm sure it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such good pictures. I liked the one of the old truck too even though I have never been a truck driver. I liked the brown tones in the pics. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just clicked on the pictures to make them bigger. Your daughter is lovely. It must have been cool there. She has on a sweater and jacket. I guess the temperatures in the desert can change rapidly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures, Charlotte. I love the one of the old truck and your mom. Was your husband a Lutheran pastor by any chance? My post tomorrow is all about Lutheran vintage ephemera!
    Thanks for sharing. :0)Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful pictures. Felt like we are right there. I esp liked the one of your mom with the old truck.
    Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe this is Goldfied Ghost Town isn't it??? The pictures look familiar :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte