This is my new vanity chair we bought at Linens & Things this morning. I've had a little "wirey" one that I've been using for years. A couple of days ago when I sat down on it, it collapsed and I found myself on the floor with my arm banging against the shower door. I've been wanting to get a new one for awhile. I think Hubby is still not sure if I broke the old one on purpose. This one is a lot more sturdy. And, Linens & Things accepted my 20% off coupon from Bed Bath & Beyond which helped.
While I was in the bathroom taking the picture of the chair, I decided to show you how my little ivy plant over the tub is taking over the place. I'm curious how much more area it will cover. It started out just a little 4 inch plant. There is a large mirror behind the tub that reflects the cabinets across from it. It looks like it's on the other side of the tub, but it isn't.
Here's a closer up look at the ivy.
Dear Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteWhat a Great Blog! This is my first visit. I had a 50th anniversary this year as well; my 50th anniversary of being born!
;-)
My grandparents lived in Scottsdale, then Sun City during their retirement years--from 1950s-1980s, then they passed away. I have very good memories of Arizona!
Love,
Kate.
Oh I love that chair! It looks so good in your bathroom. Your ivy is taking over! You must have a green thumb!
ReplyDeleteYou are a great decorator! Everything looks so clean and bright!
Hi Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteI used to have a vanity chair in our bath too (not as nice as this one) but we remodeled and filled the space with storage instead.
Isn't it wonderful how plants thrive in a bathroom. They just love the humidity!
xo
Glad you didn't hurt yourself.... bad old chair... sure do like the new one... and your bath room is just stunning...
ReplyDeleteHUgs
Linda
Charlotte, Your music is lovely too - we share a love of organs and Enya!
ReplyDeleteI complimented Clif on the song The Rivers of Babylon, too! I'd never heard it before.
Love the ivy, it is a prolific little plant!
~Jean~
What a great chair - and looks so good with your other decor.
ReplyDeleteYour plant looks wonderful, too. Isn't it fun to get a new something for the house??? :)
Smiles.
I love ivy. I am always amazed at its ability to spread! Looks cool in your bathrooom.
ReplyDeleteLove you post for Today. Thanks for visiting me. I really need to get and Ivy for my bathroom. Love yours.
ReplyDeleteWow...the ivy must love the light in your bath. You might need to add something for it to climb on. The chair looks great. Do you use yours or is it just for looks. I have a beautiful bench at my vanity, but I end up standing.
ReplyDeleteHugs!
Kat
The ivy is so pretty. I love your new chair, the iron looks pretty up against the white. Are you sure you didn't break the other chair on purpose? I emailed you, I am looking forward in hearing from you.
ReplyDeleteginger
Love your chair. that is one thing i dislike about my master bath is there is no where to sit and do my hair an makeup.
ReplyDelete