Friday, January 18, 2008

Stained Glass

I decided to take a break from the dolls and talk about something else today. Stained glass became my hobby after we moved to Scottsdale. We had narrow sidelights by our front door and thought stained glass would look good there. I had a lady come out and give an estimate for several areas. Too much money. We couldn't afford it. So, I decided to take a class and learn how to do it myself. It was almost as much fun as doll making. I made the valance over the window a couple of years ago to replace the outdated ones I had made a few years earlier.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Charlotte.

    So glad you found me because now, I've found your blog, too.

    I just finished a weeklong feature on Mosaics, you've inspired me to take a closer look at stained glass.

    Happy Blogging
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlotte

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you'll come again...you're always welcome.

    I've sure enjoyed my visit here. Since you're a fairly new bloggers, it was easy to "catch up" on all your post. And fun too.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stained glass and yours is lovely.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love stained glass and have always wanted to learn how to do it. Yours is a lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! My dad used to do stained glass...he never made an actual window but pieces that could be hung in a window. I can still smell the smell of the melted solder...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! I've enjoyed my visit to your blog. I added you to my blog list so I'll be sure to come back.

    Thank you for your comments on my "Sits" dog. Come again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely kitchen! I love all that white. Your stained glass is very, very, pretty. I have a friend that does it as well and has done entire windows in her home and door panels and such. Whew!
    Be blessd,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful piece. It's very simple and tasteful.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte