Wednesday, January 23, 2008

ANOTHER DAY

Well, the knee injection went much better than I had anticipated. (I decided to call it an injection. That doesn't sound as bad as "shot".) Now I have four more injections to go, one a week for four weeks. The doctor said I might not get any pain relief until I have gotten all four of them. He said it helps 80% of the time. Sure hope and pray I'm not one of the 20%. I am thankful for all of you that are praying for me.


Today I want to talk a little about making doll clothes and shoes.

I searched around in my doll room closet and came up with a shoebox size plastic box that I had stored extra doll shoes in. I bought patterns for the shoes and bought remnants of leather from a store that sold leather. The remnants were not very expensive. Making shoes was not hard, but it was a little tedious, especially the smaller ones.

Making clothes was really fun. Here is a picture of some of the patterns. Collecting lace, small buttons and buckles, etc. was fun too. A lot of the stuff I bought at doll shows. They had some wonderful doll shows in California where they sold all kinds of stuff for making dolls and, of course, they sold dolls too. There were also some stores that stocked a limited supply of doll making stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Makes my eyes and hands sore just to think about it all!! (The making of little doll stuff, that is!). Hope the shots will work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure the doll shows were fun to go to. I like having things like that to look forward to. Your work is just so pretty. I hope that you are in the 80% aslo. Let us know when you start to feel better.
    ginger

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte