

Today I want to share these pictures of a dress my mother crocheted for me when I was in the fourth grade. There was a girl in my class that wore crocheted dresses to school. I thought they were so pretty. I was especially impressed because this girl, Sharon was her name, and I were both vying for the attention of a cute boy in the class. His name was Charles. My mother, bless her heart, told me she would make me a crocheted dress, and she did. I thought mine was prettier than any of Sharon's. The dress has been hanging on the wall in my doll room for the past 18 years. After I outgrew the dress my mother sent it to my aunt in Oklahoma for her girls to wear. After they outgrew it, they sent it back and I ended up with it. I'm so glad I still have it.
What an adorable little dress! How lucky you are to still have such a treasure. It's funny, in the photo I would have guessed the dress was white, not blue.
ReplyDeleteBTW, Who won Charles?
Blessings
Linda
Way to go!!! I made a suit for our daughter, and she cried when she had to wear it for Easter. I'll never do that again.
ReplyDeleteI like yours, I like it a lot.
My Show N Tell is shared. Hope you can drop by and leave a comment. I love visitors you know. :o)
How lovely. My mother crocheted me a pink dress, with blue star buttons, when I was about 6 years old. I have a studio picture made of me in it. Wish I has mine :o( So wonderful you still have yours.
ReplyDeleteSusan
I'm so glad it found its way back to you! It's just adorable! And I love the picture of you in it!
ReplyDeleteThat is truly a special dress. Granny was an amazing woman just like you Jo!
ReplyDeleteGinger
I am so glad you have it too--what an absilute treasure--and especially that you have a picture wearing the actual dress--that is awesome. I enjoyed your show and tell very much.
ReplyDeleteI also love the picture up top of you in your kitchen--what a wonderful picture:)
Julieann
So pretty, I can only imagine how long it would take to make. It was so nice that it was shared by so many and that it came back to you.
ReplyDeletePlease stop by and visit sometime.
Sandra
That is utterly awesome!! I wonder how long it would have taken and how hard it would be ....did it pill at all?
ReplyDeleteOh what a treasure and to have the photo of you posing in it is priceless. So darn sweet...
ReplyDeleteIt looks beautiful in the photo and hanging on your wall.
ReplyDeleteI love your banner!
-Cookie
Nice Show and Tell entry. Happy weekend.
ReplyDeleteThat is so cute! I love it. I love that you have a picture of you wearing it and that you display it on your wall. Too precious!
ReplyDelete:0) Sharon
Wow at first I didn't realize it was the SAME dress. I started looking at the detailing of it and saw that it was the same one indeed. Very neat and special that you have it AND the story behind it!
ReplyDeleteMy Mother didn't save ANY of my clothes..of course I am the OLDEST of 6 kids so that could be part of it.....ha!
Be blessed,
Joyce
Beautiful. What a precious dress, and you look adorable in it. It's wonderful that you still have your photo and the dress.
ReplyDeleteI love the way you decorate too.
Kathi
What a knockout you were in that dress....so cute! Soooooo who ended up with that cute boy? lol
ReplyDeleteBeautiful story about the little crocheted dress. Is that a picture of you in the dress? I ask because the dress looks white in the picture. It's so nice that you have displayed it, was it's tucked away--it is easy to be forgotten.
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty dress. You're mom was awesome to make it for you. I am so glad you still have it.
ReplyDelete