Monday, January 21, 2008

My Dad's Birthday

Today is Martin Luther King Day. For me it is my Dad's birthday. He would be 95 years old today if he was still alive. He passed away over nine years ago. Today I want to remember him by posting this picture of him and me taken when I was about eight years old. I have tons of pictures but very few of the two of us together. This one is my favorite. In my baby book my mother wrote that some of my first words were "Daddy's Palsy Walsy", "Friends to the end" and "Friends togetter"(together). She said these were said by me to my daddy. I miss him today.

This picture must have been taken on a day I went to tap dancing class because I have my tap shoes on. I loved those shoes. Come to think of it, I love shoes - period.

4 comments:

  1. That is such a nice story and such a cute picture--you both have beautifully warm smiles! Love the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so nice to have wonderful memories about the people that we loved and care about in out lives.
    And I have to agree with nannykim love the shoes!
    ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat picture! Neat memories! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Charlotte...I love this pic of you and your dad. I have one, too...and, like you, I didn't end up with very many of just the two of us. I think I will have mine enlarged, now that I am thinking of it. I will post on it and some more old pictures one of these days.
    Gosh, I didn't know there was anyone older than me! lol...You just barely are!! You're a lovely lady and I like your kitchen, too!
    Come back to see me anytime...isn't this blogging fun!?!!
    hugs, bj

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte