
Today for Vintage Thingies Thursdays, I decided to share some very old photos. The first one is my mother and her mother. This picture must have been taken in about 1917 or 1918.


Left to right - my mother's younger sister, my mother, and I think the two on the right were her cousins.

I don't know any of these people. This photo was in my grandmother's photo album. Evidently they were friends of hers. On the back was written Orcutt & daughter. I had never heard the name Orcutt before. Anybody know who Orcutt is?
It is so fun to see these old photos. Just look at the swimsuits. Days gone by. What a treasure!!! Hugs, Terrie
ReplyDeleteI love their swimsuits! Old photos like that have great memories :-)
ReplyDeleteThat is a great picture. I love old photos like that.
ReplyDeletetake care,
ginger
P.S It's been a crazy and busy week, sorry I have not been by for a while.
What great pictures!
ReplyDeleteI just love the swimsuits :)
peace
#2
Aren't the old photographs just wonderful? So full of life and basics!!! I love them!
ReplyDeleteGreat Pictures....I am wondering how long before those swimsuits come back in style? Those are great.
ReplyDeleteThose swimsuits! How awesome is that?
ReplyDeleteOh yes.. bathing caps. I used to hate the rubber one my mother wore, and glad I never had to wear one!
ReplyDeleteLook at those swimsuits! They sure were modest.
ReplyDeleteLove your old photos. Thanks for sharing them.
Those swimsuits look incredibly comfortable. Love the bathing caps too. Thanks for sharing these!
ReplyDeleteCharlotte! These photos are so fabulous. What precious keepsakes. I love the photo of you at Knott's Berry Farm in your header too!
ReplyDeleteI love the modest suits! Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThis is so cool! I love your vintage Thursdays!
ReplyDeleteReally interesting photos!
ReplyDeleteMy first thought was, I wonder what they would have thought of today's swim wear. . especially when worn by Christians!?!
And what will the styles be 50 or 75 years from now. . if our nation can survive that long.
Perhaps the pendulum will swing in the other direction!
I love the new Spiritual Sunday blog. I would like to put the button on my sidebar but don't know how. Could you help me?
My email address is csmcfatter@aol.com
thanks!
mary
Weren't those bathing suits make it difficult to swim? Seems that the fabric was rather heavy.
ReplyDeleteLove your header and the old photos!
ReplyDeleteHi Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteSuch treasures you have! To think you have photos that are close to 100 years old!!! I love the one of your Mom and her Mom. How the swimming attire has changed over the years!!!
Hi Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteI grew up in a totally different culture especially in regards to plates and dishes. Plates and dishes are purely utilitarian. Some of my friends from the same country don't quite get the reason behind my collection of display plates... :)
I was just teasing with my teen daughter that she needs to wear a swimsuit that covers her neck to toe! Will share these phots with her. My, how swimsuit fashion has changed! :)
ReplyDeleteWow! Look at those swimsuits!
ReplyDeleteThese photos are wonderful and
amazing! I hope you wrote in pencil
on back who everyone is, your family
will love you (even more) for it! :)