I just found out yesterday that Albert "Al" Terrill, an old classmate of mine had passed away. He was a little more than just a classmate. We went to the same church and were in the youth group. I also had a few dates with him. We were pretty young - 15. He wasn't old enough to have his drivers' license yet so he picked me up in a taxi. The only guy that ever did that for me. Al went on to become an Oklahoma state senator. There was a long article on the mortuary's website with this picture of him. So many people my age have died and many friends and relatives who were younger than I am. This is one more reminder of how short our time here on earth is and how we need to not be so concerned with this life, but with the next life. I'm so glad I have faith that much better days are ahead. Although - I don't guess you would really call them "days". Are there days in eternity?Friday, August 22, 2008
FORMER CLASSMATE
I just found out yesterday that Albert "Al" Terrill, an old classmate of mine had passed away. He was a little more than just a classmate. We went to the same church and were in the youth group. I also had a few dates with him. We were pretty young - 15. He wasn't old enough to have his drivers' license yet so he picked me up in a taxi. The only guy that ever did that for me. Al went on to become an Oklahoma state senator. There was a long article on the mortuary's website with this picture of him. So many people my age have died and many friends and relatives who were younger than I am. This is one more reminder of how short our time here on earth is and how we need to not be so concerned with this life, but with the next life. I'm so glad I have faith that much better days are ahead. Although - I don't guess you would really call them "days". Are there days in eternity?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When so many of our friends pass away, it does help us realize that our time is probably short. I am glad also that I am trusting in the shed blood of Jesus Christ for the payment of my sin. It is a free gift. I accepted Him. I am thankful for the hope of heaven.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful weekend.
Blessings,
Cheryl
Time is truly so short. The older I get the more I feel this way. I'm so thankful for the hope we have. Kathi Oh, Charlotte, I love your new headliner. It is so cute of you. Also, your new photo of yourself is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI recently went to my 50th class reunion and was saddened that so many of my classmates had passed on...
ReplyDeleteI have an award for you on my post - come on over and pick it up.
~Jean
Yes.... these days are so fleeting... but we have a higher hope....as I am sure Al had .....
ReplyDeleteHUgs
Linda
That is sad to hear of someone passing away that was a part of your life. I'm not sure about the days in eternity! My guess would be no but something much better.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
ginger
Charlotte, I am really sorry about the loss of your friend. He is a handsome man.
ReplyDeleteWhat a handsome man!! I know. I just attended my 45th high school reunion and discovered that we have lost 8 of our classmates now!! I knew that several had died but boy this is something when you see people your age passing away...I am sorry it has been awhile since I got over here. Trying to play catch up
ReplyDeleteI love your blog style