Thursday, August 7, 2008

Vintage Thingies Thursdays


This picture was taken in 1942. The little girl is my cousin Betty who was living with us at the time. The car behind her was our car. 

This picture of Betty and me was taken about the same time. She only lived with us for a few months. I was an only child and I loved having a "sister" for a little while. After she left I carried this picture, a 5 x 7 enlargement, around and played with it until I nearly wore it out. I managed to restore it somewhat on the computer. A copy of it hangs on the wall in my doll room along with other pictures that have special meaning to me.



A Reminder:  Spiritual Sundays will be coming up again soon. If you participated last week in our first Spiritual Sundays, we hope you will want to return and do it again. If you missed it last week, we would like to invite you to join us this weekend. 


15 comments:

  1. I love those photos! Y'all were too cute. That car is pretty interesting as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these old black and whites. What sweet memories you have to go with them too. I was born and raised in So. Cal. After 19 years in Washington my husband and I are back in Ca. for his work right now. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos. It always seems to me the old black and whites always seem to tell a story themselves. They are interesting. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to look at all of your special pictures in your doll room.How nice that you have them still.
    Take care,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice memories! You were cute kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is nothing more precious than old family photos. Thank you so much for sharing a couple of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely photos Charlotte!
    Thank you for sharing :) and
    happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love looking at old pictures. Thank you so much for sharing today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos. Vintage pictures always tell such interesting stories. I love to look at all the details of the clothing and things in the background. And of course it's just that much more special because of your memories of your cousin. I'm participating in Vintage Thingies Thursdays for the first time over at my blog mommiedaze.com. Stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love those photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my, look at the old car in the background - swell :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing such special pictures with us. I love old photos.

    Confessions of an Apron Queen

    ReplyDelete
  13. The photos are darling. You were such a pretty girl. The car is so special. I love old cars. Have a lovely day, Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  14. What precious photos...It's great that you saved them and are still enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What great photos and wonderful memories…
    Love the car…

    Louise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte