Wednesday, August 20, 2008

THANKFUL THURSDAY

I have seen posts on Thankful Thursday but have never participated in the meme. Today I am feeling very thankful and after reading a few blogs, some which are new to me, I am thinking how thankful I am for my blogging friends. It's really amazing. So many of you that visit my blog regularly and I visit yours, and just to think. Before January 12 (that's when I started blogging) I didn't even know that most of you existed. Of course I knew Ginger, and Connie and my husband has been blogging for about three years. Now I feel like I have many new friends. If I were to list all the things I am thankful for I think it would take me the rest of my life, however long that might be, to list them all. God has been so good to me.

I am thankful for all the precious blogging awards that have been given to me. I was just feeling good about the two previous ones when Hootin' Anni gave me this Bloggers Over 50 Outstanding Blog Award. This one was extra special because it was designated just for me and she was the first one to give me an award back in March. Thank you, Anni, for being my friend.

I would like to like to end this post with a scripture on giving thanks. It's Psalm 100.

1 Shout for joy to the LORD all the earth.
2 Worship the LORD with gladness come before him with joyful songs.
3 Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the LORD is good and his love endues forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.

14 comments:

  1. Welcome to thankful thursday, so glad you joined us. I enjoyed your thankful list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome and love the Psalm!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to thankful thursday, charlotte. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post. Love your Psalm 100. Perfect. This reminds me of my grandson's favorite hymns...."Here I Am To Worship" and how he sings it all the time.

    Love your post.
    Glad you enjoyed your blog highlight! You are one excellent blogger. [I have to go add your link on the sidebar of the Bloggers Over 50 home page too. I forgot to do that yesterday. Duh!]

    Have a great Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a good day to give Thanks. That's one of my favorite portions of scripture that you posted.

    And thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. God is SO good! Our water heater went out yesterday, but instead of being upset I was just thankful we could fix it. He is good in so many different ways.
    ginger

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your blog award!

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to Thankful Thursday! Please continue to join in. I loved your post and pray you have a wonderful TT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations. Have a blessed TT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so thankful for blogging friends, too! Congratulations on your award!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am thankful you began blogging!! Your header is so cute.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a beautiful, personal post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Charlotte,

    Congratulations on all the awards!!! You certainly deserve them! :) Love that psalm that you had shared!

    Hahaha -- now, I am going to have to make sure I buy some grapes for the weekend!!! :)

    You too, have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your award ! I didn't know this meme, but anyway I prefer Thursday Thirteen, lol !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte