1
_____________________________
840,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,
000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,
000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.000.000.
000,000,000,000,00.000
You may wonder
what is that strange looking thing with all the zeros.
That is a mathematical equation.
That's one over ninety-seven zeros.
But what does it mean?
It represents the possibility of 332 distinct prophecies
in the Old Testament
being fulfilled by one man.
One man did fulfill every one of these prophecies.
J E S U S
Here are a few we are more familiar with:
- the betrayal by a friend (Ps. 41:9)
- the forsaking of the disciples through being offended at him (Ps. 31:11)
- the false accusation (Ps. 35:11)
- the silence before his judges (Isa 53:7)
- being proven guiltless (Isa. 53:9)
- being included with sinners (Isa. 53:12)
- being crucified (Ps. 22:16)
- the mockery of the spectators (Ps. 109:25)
- the taunt of nondeliverance (Ps. 22:7-8)
- the gambling for his garments (Ps. 22:18)
- the prayer for his enemies (Isa. 53:12)
- being forsaken by God (Ps. 22:1)
- the yielding of his spirit into the hands of his Father (Ps 31:5)
- the bones not broken (Ps. 34:20)
- the burial in a rich man's tomb (Isa 53:9)
Why did I chose this for my Spiritual Sundays post? I read it in one of Max Lucado's books, He Chose the Nails. I thought "Wow." I knew many Old Testament scriptures were fulfilled by Jesus, but 332? Of course Max didn't list all of them, but I'll take his word for it. Even if there were not that many, if there were just the ones listed above, that would be enough to convince me.
Wow! Thanks for sharing. I am always amazed at how true God's Word is.
ReplyDeleteHi Charlotte
ReplyDeleteWow...I thought I came to the wrong blog. Your new "look" is absolutely beautiful! I love it!
I've enjoyed "catching up" with you this afternoon. My Mom and Aunt left this morning, so I'm working hard to visit all of my blogging friends. BTW...today is my blog's 3rd birthday! Amazing!
Hugs!
Kat
Count me in because I am convinced too! Have a blessed Sunday!
ReplyDeleteCheryl
Wonderful...the fulfillment of so many prophicies gives us confidence in the reliabilty of the Bible.
ReplyDeleteHmmmmmmmmm, this was inspirational Charlotte! I must look for the book "He Chose the Nails" now. [love the title just by itself...it humbles me already!]
ReplyDeleteBlessed Sunday to you.
Good Morning Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteI couldn't help but first notice all the numbers. Beautiful words and passages on such a beautiful Sonday. Awesome title from Max, I'll have to look up his book.
Have a wonderful Sonday!
Kathi :)
WOW! Blessings Charlotte, Praise the Lord...Thank You God for sending Jesus to complete all of these 332 or just the ONE that gives us freedom and eternal life! Thanks Charlotte for sharing this awesome fact and inspiring our faith! Max Lucado is just the best author and I enjoy him so much! HE CHOSE the NAILS is only one of the aMazing accomplishments!
ReplyDeleteWow how interesting. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteBTW the new look is really cute. That was a play on words. Is it from Cutest blog like mine?
Thanks again for sharing and for coming by and seeing me too.
Blessings,
Sherry
Good Evening Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteI wanted to stop by again to tell you how blessed I was by today's Spiritual Sunday.
I love the picture of you and Ginger!
May God bless your week!
Hugs,
Kathi :)
HI Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteYour blog is so pretty
*smile*. I did wonder what all the zeros were lol, but after reading your post it made me so thankful for them all. 332
how can we not want to serve him, I love learning more and more about our precious Lord. That is why I don't take my salvation lightly when I think about nails and all that he went through for us.
Thank you for this spiritual Sunday Post I have been blessed.
Hugz Lorie
That was one of the things that God used in my life to convince me of the truth of the gospel (before I was saved). Pretty powerful stuff.
ReplyDeleteHow lovely to visit your blog for the first time on Spiritual Sundays. I have just popped over from Kelli's blog and enjoyed her Sunday meditation too - although it is now Tuesday. Yes, it is awesome to realise how accurate the Word of God is. Blessings Eleanor
ReplyDelete