I remember the horror, the disbelief that something this horrendous had happened, and I remember that the American people came together in prayer, and in caring for each other. We did it from our hearts...it wasn't required of us by our government...we are a caring nation, and we will never forget!
Thank you for posting this, Charlotte. Sometimes I think the prsent-day media would have us brush these images aside, as if under a rug.
Horror... disbelief.. yes, all of that. Mostly, I remember the Fear when, in our 3-person office ... each of us with different cell-phone carriers ... were unable to get a signal to place a call. Only later did we learn that, because President Bush was being hustled out of our metro, the cell phone companies had paused any connectivity.
I agree Charlotte, we must never forget. I think as time goes by people tend to go back to the usual but I believe we still need to be vigilent. Our enemies have long term memories while we tend to think short term.
I was getting ready to go to my bible study group that morning and I had the news on when they started broadcasting. Awful.
Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get. Hugs & Blessings, Charlotte
I will always remember just where I was that terrible morning 8 years ago. This is NOT a day of service...it is a time for remembering...
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Jean
I remember the horror, the disbelief that something this horrendous had happened, and I remember that the American people came together in prayer, and in caring for each other. We did it from our hearts...it wasn't required of us by our government...we are a caring nation, and we will never forget!
ReplyDeleteMary
Thank you for posting this, Charlotte. Sometimes I think the prsent-day media would have us brush these images aside, as if under a rug.
ReplyDeleteHorror... disbelief.. yes, all of that. Mostly, I remember the Fear when, in our 3-person office ... each of us with different cell-phone carriers ... were unable to get a signal to place a call. Only later did we learn that, because President Bush was being hustled out of our metro, the cell phone companies had paused any connectivity.
Best,
Myra
I agree Charlotte, we must never forget. I think as time goes by people tend to go back to the usual but I believe we still need to be vigilent. Our enemies have long term memories while we tend to think short term.
ReplyDeleteI was getting ready to go to my bible study group that morning and I had the news on when they started broadcasting. Awful.
Thank you for this remembrance. We fell to our knees that day.
ReplyDelete