Saturday, September 19, 2009

It Doesn't Add Up

Let's Check the Math. . . .


A clunker vehicle at 15 mpg and 12,000 miles per year uses 800 gallons a year of gasoline.


A more fuel efficient vehicle at 25 mpg and 12,000 miles per year uses 480 gallons a year.

So, the average clunker transaction will reduce US gasoline consumption

by 320 gallons per year.


They claim 700,000 vehicles – so that's 224 million gallons / year.

That equates to a bit over 5 million barrels of oil.


5 million barrels of oil is about ¼ of one day's US consumption.


And, 5 million barrels of oil costs about $350 million dollars at $75/bbl.


So, we all contributed to spending $3 billion to save $350 million.

How good a deal was that ???


They'll probably do a great job with health care though!!


Thanks for the e-mail Mike.


4 comments:

  1. Good one Charlotte! The figures just don't add up, but they keep trying don't they?




    Hugs,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlotte!!!
    NO it Does NOT!!!!
    Thanks for taking the time to add it up for me, I knew it didn't but just never took the time to figure those costs up!!! And Medical care....oh do not even get me started there!!! How about just give uninsured folks who work doing something an affordable plan???? Instead of overhauling the entire system???? It is riduculous!!! Those who do not work already qualify for some sort of assistance anyhow.
    I hope and Pray this Congress gets their acts together and votes NO!!!
    God Bless you
    hugs,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. But they don't say it in the media :(

    They always are the first ones to praise "THEMSELVES"....Scary...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it adds up alright...to disaster for this country! I have been voting for 44 years, and I NEVER knew our government was corrupt! Where was I? Raising a family, helping hubby make a living for us, TRUSTING those elected. What an eye opener this year has been. How did we get to this place? What are we going to do to stop this insanity? I'm just thankful that here are still some normal, and hopefully honest, senators and representatives that are waking up to the craziness of the plan...we have to continue calling, emailing, writing, so they know we are serious...and pray it's enough. Great post, Charlotte. God bless!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte