Monday, September 14, 2009

EPHESUS REVISITED

If you did not see my last post I hope you will go there and look at it first. I promised to post some photos today that we took when we were there in 1978.

The first picture is the facade of the library that was being restored. You can see all the scaffolding in this picture. I was glad to see the one in the video where the restoration was complete.
Wouldn't be fun if we could go back in time and go inside the library. The "books" would look a lot different.
Many tourists were walking down this road. You can see the library at the end. There were columns and statues on each side.
Our group was gathered for a devotional. Guess where Charlotte was. Well, somebody had to take the picture.
I can't believe I climbed all the way to the top. I sure couldn't do it now. Of course I was 31 years younger then.

The marble they used in these buildings and statues is so beautiful.
I thought this was interesting - a public toilet. Makes me think of the old outhouses.

Thank you for letting me share my memories and photos with you. This trip to Ephesus was part of a Mediterranean cruise. We also went to Israel, Egypt, and Greece. I have posted a few of the Israel photos in the past.

3 comments:

  1. WOW!! So nice to see these pictures..What a trip that must have been!! I have wanted to go there and NOT wanted to go all at the same time..You went long enough ago that things were probably okay.
    Thanks for stopping by and leaving me your nice comments.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Charolette!
    Thanks for sharing. I so love this post. It is so beautiful. To have been there seeing it actually be restored and while it was a work in progress. That is a wonderful thing to be a part of. I love the pictures you have shared, ofcourse it is a shame you had to be the one taking the pics and couldn't be in the pictures. Have a wonderful day sweet lady. Country hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes .. these were such a treat to see. 'Especially enjoyed the last shot of the public toilets! 'Think I've a picture of my then-15-y/o son posing there, in what our guide called "the most important room in the house"!

    Have a lovely evening,

    Myra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte