This is a little unusual for a Spiritual Sundays post, but when I saw this video I wanted to share it. The first part about Ephesus and the theatre there was so meaningful to me because of the Biblical connection. We went to Turkey in 1978 and what an awesome experience it was to be in that theatre and realize that this was probably where the riot broke out because of what Paul was preaching and teaching. (Acts 19) Walking down the street of the ruins of Ephesus was one of the highlights of that trip. We took a lot of pictures, of course, and I think tomorrow I will post some of those pictures, but for now, this is it.
The tour through the excavation of the houses was not available back when we went. And although the portion covered in the last part of the video (about the hot springs) was there, I had never heard of it until yesterday when I received a video about it in an email. Wow! What an incredible world we live in. And by the way, our God created it. It did not just happen.
Be sure to visit the Spiritual Sundays blog if you would like to share a spiritual/inspirational post or read what someone else has shared on their blog. Click HERE if you need more information.

Post Script: Here is the link to another video with more pictures of the hot springs in Pamukkale if you are interested.
Can't imagine touring that special place of history...Thanks for sharing. God bless you.
ReplyDeleteThat is pretty amazing! Wonderful that you got to visit such an historical place. Thank you for sharing and enjoy your Sunday.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Sandi
I only got to watch a short part of the video b/c my computer is old and it didn't play well. I'll try to do play it on my office machine. What I did see is amazing. I've been to the theater at Epidaurus, Greece, and it was amazing. wb
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed this piece, Charlotte!
ReplyDeleteSure brought back memories of being there (1985) with my mother and son. Nowdays I regret not having fully appreciated its history. Perhaps this video will prompt someone else to make that visit.
'Looking forward to seeing your pictures! .. Have a wonderful S/S!
Myra
Amazing travels.
ReplyDeleteBlessings, andrea
WOW! What a blessing to be able to visit with such a Biblical connection. It always has amazed me how the built buildings like that thousands of years ago.
ReplyDeleteThank-you so much for sharing this it's beautiful.
Ginger
awesome!
ReplyDeleteWhat a privilege of travel you have been blessed with!!
ReplyDeleteSusan
Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteOne of the things I miss most since my move is my speedy internet service. It took three "refreshes" before I got your blog open! I cannot watch ANY videos because it'll only download 3-4 seconds at a time! They tell me that in this condominium complex, there's no tower. Johnny's cell phone won't work unless he steps outside!
So, I assume that this video would be one I'd love to see, and I thank you for sharing.
I sure hope our new home is close to a tower!
That is very amazing, thank you.
ReplyDeleteWow, Charlotte!
ReplyDeleteThat video feed was amazing! Thank you for posting it. Can't even begin to understand the concept of 1000 BC.
BTW...I still consult my "How Not to Look Old" book that I won on your giveaway!!! Thanks again...I really need it now that I am officially 40! Ha!!!
Blessings to you,
Valerie
What a great video, thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteKathleen
Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteI thoroughly enjoyed the tour and felt like I was there myself! Thanks so much for showing this today!
Blessings,
Jean
I want to walk through those hot springs like we did in Israel!
ReplyDeleteWow, thank you for an amazing view of Turkey and the history about the ruins. It is hard to believe but there is a connection isn't there?
ReplyDeleteI a going to watch it again.
Blessings...Jeanne
Charlotte, that was an AMAZING VIDEO! Thank you for sharing it. Now I'd like to start traveling again. But, I'll have to wait until Dear Bebe gets a wee bit older! :0)
ReplyDeleteHow amazing. I love history.Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteMine is an old psot I would like to share.
"SpitualSunday"
I enjoyed the video, Charlotte, thanks for sharing it.
ReplyDeleteHi Charlotte...thanks for stopping by my place today! I hope that you enjoyed your visit.
ReplyDeleteI just popped over to say hello and visit with you for a while. Your blog is beautiful and I so enjoyed reading some of your posts!
Isn't it awesome to tread upon the footprints of the ages! I had that same feeling when walking the streets of the Old City in Jerusalem.
Be blessed,
Susan