Sunday, September 20, 2009

IN GOD WE TRUST

I'll bet this was a surprise to NBC...
NBC POLL

Do you believe that the word God should stay in American culture?

NBC had a poll on this question. They had the highest Number of responses that they have ever had for one of their polls. Here are the results:

86% to keep the words, IN God We Trust and God in the Pledge of Allegiance
14% against.

That is a pretty 'commanding' public response.

It is said that 86% of Americans believe the word God should stay..

Therefore, I have a very hard time understanding why there is such a controversy about having 'In God We Trust' on our money and having God in the Pledge of Allegiance. Why is the world catering to this 14%?

This information was posted on Jeanne's blog and I wanted to help get the message out.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Charlotte...thanks so much for passing this information along. Too many times we Christian conservatives are the minority. Things like this are a great reminder that so many in this country still believe in the principles that this country was founded upon.

    Bless you!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Charlotte,
    That is great news! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly shameful how we, the silent majority (more than 80% of the population), have allowed the vocal minority (less than 20% of the population) dictate THEIR agenda(s) to us! It's good when we stand up and let them know we won't stand for it anymore, and return to being a decent and moral society again. I staunchly support the proposition that God and prayer BELONGS in our schools, government and other facets of life if we so choose. Are they afraid we might be a better, more civil nation? The Constitution guarantees freedom of religion.. so why have we let these individuals defy the Constitution and take away that guarantee?

    Sorry for being so long-winded; this business just gets my goat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI CHARLOTTE!!!
    I agree!!!! 100%!!!!
    And NBC should be doing more to PUBLICIZE the wishes of 86%, instead of them catering to 14%!!! Why do you think they only get a small percentage of viewers, because they cater to those 14%!!!!!
    I love FOX NEWS!!!!!!
    Thanks for sharing that though!!!
    God bless you,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this info! And may that 80 something percent does not waver in what they believe in! God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte