Thursday, November 12, 2009

WOBURN

Where in the world is Woburn you ask? If you are familiar with the northeast you probably know. This "western" woman had no idea until we started looking online for someplace to stay when we went to Boston. After considering many many options, we decided the Residence Inn in Woburn would be the place for us. We certainly were not disappointed. Besides being a nice place to stay they served free full breakfast every morning and dinner Monday through Thursday nights. We were 12 miles from Boston and a shuttle from the hotel took us to the train station in Woburn where we enjoyed the ride into Boston. We made about 3 stops at small towns on the way and enjoyed the scenery. Here's a photo I took of the Residence Inn.

I've mentioned in a previous post that we did the trolley tour thing and walked and walked and walked. As we started out walking in Boston, we went through this beautiful garden.



This park reminded me of the parks in London.


Statue of George Washington



We saw plenty of beautiful fall foilage, but a lot of it was on the ground as pictured here. We enjoyed that too. We don't see too many leaves that have fallen in our neighborhood. LOL
After that, we walked by Cheers. It was early and wasn't open yet so we didn't go inside. We were told it doesn't look anything like the Cheers place on TV.



CHEERS & CHEERIO!
Charlotte

5 comments:

  1. HI!!!
    You were at the Boston Commons!!!!!
    Did you see the swan boat rides?????
    It is a famous park and one of the first things we always go to!!!! I have been to both CHEERS!!!! Looks nothing like the real one, well the one at Faniuel hall kinda does!!!!Did you mosey around Beacon Hill??? YOu were very close!!! John Kerry lives there and so does Ted Kennedy's widow now. It is a very upscale neighborhood and fun to walk around in!!! Of course my kids wanted to see the firestation that was converted into a house for them while they lived in it, the MTV real world show , I know it's a teen age thing!!!!
    I love the Fall leaves, I want to go in the fall so bad!!!
    hugs,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boston is such an interesting place. Johnny and I loved the time we spent there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos of the leaves and all the beautiful fall colors are just so pretty, Charlotte! It would be so nice to visit there. I'm glad you found a nice place to stay in...what was it, Woburn? It sounds really cute and quaint...the complimentary breakfast was just icing on the cake! Just beautiful...thanks for showing us a little piece of your lovely trip!

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful park! I love all the fall colors.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are simply beautiful Charlotte. I miss the fall leaves and changing seasons. I grew up on Long Island, NY. But as we both know, Arizona has its own special beauty too. But thank you for sharing these photos and memories of your recent Boston trip.

    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte