Sunday, November 15, 2009

ANOTHER BLUE BIRTHDAY

Last month was our daughter's birthday and I did a Blue Monday post featuring her and the blue elephant cake I made for her birthday when she was a little girl. Click HERE if you missed it or if you would like to see it. Today (I'm posting this on Sunday evening) is our son's birthday and I decided to share his blue elephant cake this week. After I made the elephant cake for Carol, Allen wanted one for his birthday every year for many years after that. These pictures were taken a long time ago because he is 47 years old now. Doesn't seem possible. Those years sure flew by.


He also had a blue shirt and was wearing a blue shirt in an earlier birthday. Here's a picture of that birthday (pre-elephant cake birthday). LOL Also, there was some blue in the wallpaper in the above picture.

Here's a more recent picture of him at his favorite restaurant, Taco Bell, still wearing a blue shirt.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLEN

Click on the Blue Bird to go to Sally's blog for links to lots more BLUE.

30 comments:

  1. What a sweet post, Charlotte, and I love Allen's blue elephant cake... so cute! And look at him in his little blue shirt. Such a darling little boy, and he certainly grew up to be a handsome man. Looks like he sldo might have blue eyes from that picture!

    Happy Blue Birthday to Allen, and Happy Blue Monday to you...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first time in blue monday, but not my last!
    Happy blue monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks lovely, enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great mom to make those special cakes! My mother always did something special for our cakes, and my sister has carried it on with amazing homemade cakes for her children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute! Your beautiful blue elephant cake has given you both a lifetime of special memories! Happy Blue Monday and have a wonderful week! Sherri : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to live in Scottsdale!!
    Oh Charlotte I adore your blog. I did see Carols cake, and your son's is just as darling.
    Oh and BTW... he is one heck of a good looking man. Huba hubal lol
    Happy Blue Monday
    Love Claudie now in Canada
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charlotte, both your son and daughter are beautiful, just like you and Clif! I love the elephant cake that you made for them...a blue elephant! My granddaughter loves blue elephants and has two in the Webkinz stuffed animals. there's just something about kids and elephants! What fun all of you must have had when they were growing up...and now to enjoy them as adults, living so near to you...a true blessing!

    Happy Blue Monday, and Happy birthday, Allen!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Allen is soon to be 45. Funny how we both had one daughter and then one son named Allen. I remember that our anniversary is only days apart too. Your Allen is a handsome guy. Happy Blue Monday, Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Charlotte, wishing your son Allen a Happy Birthday..he is handsome in his blue shirt and his blue eyes are awesome!!Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Baba

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such fun memories of birthday pasts. Your son certainly grew up into a handsome man too. I guess he's gotten good genes. LOL. Happy Birthday to Allen.

    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks Charlotte, for sharing a wee bit about your life. Enjoyed it! -- jeff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post. The elephant cake is lovely, you're very talented. He certainly grew up! Time goes too fast.
    cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. This post is just tooo cute. The elephant cake is great and how sweet to compare. Happy birthday to Allen.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday, Allen! What a handsome fella and a cute elephant cake!..Christine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday to a man with a little boy's smile. :) Great photos, mom.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday Allen~~~
    What a cute picture.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  17. happy birthday to Allen! those are nice recollection! thanks for sharing :)

    u may view mine if u have time

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a sweet post! I hope you baked him an elephant cake for his birthday this year. It would be fun to see his reaction. Have a great Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You were sooo good at making those Elephant cakes!! and your kids have grown up to be such handsome and beautiful people just like their parents!!

    Happy Birthday Allen

    Love you Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Charlotte, what a fun blue post today Love the elephant cake and the photos of your Allen when he was small. Adorable! Happy Birthday Allen. He sure is a handsome guy.

    Great blues today.

    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Charlotte,
    How could your beautiful daughter and handsome son miss with parents like you and Clif? Good genes, I'd say! Love the blue elephant cakes you baked for them - as someone else has said: very happy memories!
    Please give Allen my best wishes for a very happy birthday!

    Hugs,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a cook cake! Happy Birthday to your son and Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What cute cakes. I know your children will remember those special memories.

    Your son was so cute...and now so handsome! Happy Birtday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Birthday to Allen, my son will be 46 in Dec...oh where has the time gone....
    You had a cute little boy that turned into a very handsome young man.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy birthday to your son, Allen & Happy Blue Monday to you !8~)
    ~Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  26. OK, I'm a bit behind ... but want to join in Allen's "Happy Birthday" chorus. I can't get over the resemblance 'tween Allen and Carol! Just think, had he arrived a bit early, he could've been your daughter's birthday present.

    You n' Clif are so blessed! Thanks for sharing these heartwarming pix!

    Myra

    ReplyDelete
  27. The Blue Elephant cake is priceless!!!

    Sweet Blessings!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy birthday to your son Allen!
    Such a cute cake - made with a mommy's love - the best kind!
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful pictures with us!
    Blessings to you,
    Kymber

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte