Friday, November 27, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We went to our daughter's home. She is a very good cook and we had a wonderful meal. However, she doesn't make pies, so I made pumpkin and pecan pies and took them to her house.

I know. Thanksgiving is barely over but I'm already looking forward to Christmas. I was not one, however, who got up in the wee hours of the morning to hit the stores for bargains. We've found that shopping online is the way to go. Although - I do like to go to the malls during Christmas time. It's just nice not to have to do a lot of actual shopping there. It takes the stress out of it.

10 comments:

  1. Love the Christmas spirit here! Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family! Christmas...what are we gonna' do if the Savior didn't come? Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving. I do not go shopping on the Friday after Thanksgiving either. Too many crowds and I'm really keeping it simple this year.

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI!!!!
    At this stage in life, shopping is still fun, but I do agree about online shopping!!! I have done some of that this year as well. I love going to the mall on days through the week when it is quiet and stress free from people running all over you!!!!
    In the future gifts may be bought online or I think CASH or a trip--small week-end get away!!!! is a great option!!!!!
    hugs,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your Christmas decor here on your blog! Very pretty, I need to get busy!

    I don't go shopping on "Black Friday" either - I don't like crowds and lots of traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sweet friend!

    I don't do the "Black Friday" shopping anymore either. (I couldn't this year even if I wanted to.) Nothing is worth getting up at 4am and fighting the crowds.

    I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving with your daughter.I spent the day with My daughters too and had a great time. Nothing like roasted Turkey with all the trimmings and family members to share it with to make us feel blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Charlotte,
    Glad your TG was wonderful.
    I'm not a 'black Friday' person myself. Mainly 'cause I can't (or don't want to) roll this post Thanksgiving Day hiney out of bed that early!
    But I do enjoy the festiveness if I venture out later in the day.
    Have a wonderful Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charlotte,
    I am so with you on the staying away from the malls during "Black Friday" thing! If I only learned one thing during my time in retail is - stay out of the malls on BLACK FRIDAY! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving with your family!

    Hugs,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  9. too many crowds and I'm really keeping it simple this year.

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte