I was so pleased to see this scripture on the Fisherman's Memorial at Gloucester, Massachusetts. This memorial has been there for many years. I wonder if they were just now making it if they would include the scripture. I hope so. This is what Psalm 107, 23-24 says: "They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and his wonders in the deep."
Here are photos we took of the memorial. It's hard to see in this photo, but it appears at the bottom of the plaque. I think this is a wonderful scripture that needs no explanation.
Carol & Charlotte at Fisherman's Memorial - October 2009
Be sure to go to our Spiritual Sundays blog to find links to other posts. Of course we would love to have you participate by posting something spiritual or inspirational on your own blog and linking it there. You will find instructions on how to do that on the Spiritual Sundays blog.


Good post. Thanks for the memories.
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessing for you to have visited such a wonderful memorial. I also love the scripture...you're right, it needs no explanation. God is so good!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Mary
What fun to see this memorial..thanks for sharing...
ReplyDeleteGod bless
HI!!!
ReplyDeleteHope the ACLU doesn't take that one away!!!! I love it!!!
hugs,
jamie
This is a great memorial. What a blessing that you were able to vistit.
ReplyDeleteGod Bless,
Ginger
That's just the right thing to do: to include God in everything that we do. These seafarers know. Thank you for sharing the lovely pics. God bless.Have a great weekend sister Charlotte.
ReplyDeleteCharlotte,
ReplyDeleteI so agree with you...I wonder if the memorial were to be put up today would any scripture be inclueded? Sadly, I think not. I am so glad that it IS still on this one!
Hugs,
Jean
I am so glad you were able to go and see this wonderful memorial. The scripture that they used was soo perfect. I am afraid that it wouldn't have happened if it were done in today's times, but glad that one is there still for all to see. Have a wonderful day. Blessings to you, Debbie
ReplyDeleteHi Charlotte
ReplyDeleteHappy Spiritual Sunday!!!
You get to see some of the most interesting places (smiles) and I feel so blessed that you share them with us.
Hugz Lorie
Bless you for sharing this precious memorial with us sweetie.
ReplyDeleteVery nice. As someone else commented, I wonder if those words would be put on today.
ReplyDeletecindy
I'm so glad you shared this scripture on the memorial. And praise God for His wonderful works. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog. What an encourager you are!
ReplyDeleteCool! I love it when there are good quotes like this on memorials!
ReplyDeleteHi Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful memorial; a real blessing to have visited there. The pictures are wonderful too.
Blessings,
Sandi
What a beautiful memorial! I don't ever remember reading that particular scripture and it is such a lovely one. Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteGood point, Charlotte; I don't believe the scripture would be included today with PC.
ReplyDeleteCharlotte,
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing this,
for your comments to me,
and for creating Spiritual Sundays with Ginger!
It is a beautiful scripture. I think you are right to wonder if that would be on a memorial that was built today.
ReplyDeleteThat is such a wonderful scripture for the memorial. And I love the picture of you and Carol.
ReplyDeleteGreat verses! I'm so glad they included them in the memorial. I like all the pictures, too.
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed week in the Lord!
I loved this.
ReplyDeleteI wasn't able to join Spiritual Sundays this week, but always enjoy reading the writings of those who participate.
Wonderful Memorial Pics ,I am glad God is still being honored in America.
ReplyDeleteHave a Blessed Week,
~Myrna