Thursday, May 29, 2008

Kauai

You will notice if you have been reading my blog lately that I changed the header. We spent half of our time in Oahu and half in Kauai. This is where we stayed when we went to Kauai. We thought we were going to stay at the Wiamea Plantation Cottages. It turned out we weren't exactly comfortable there. It was a unique place and lots of people would love it. It was highly recommended by a trusted friend, but it was not what we expected. It was very warm when we arrived there and we found that the cottages were wide open. There were screens on the windows, but in order to sleep we had to leave all the windows open as there was no air conditioning. We were all used to having our windows all closed and locked at night so the next morning, we checked out and after checking out a few places checked into the Hilton Resort. Here are a few pictures from the Plantation Cottages. They look really good in pictures. Probably if they had been air conditioned we would have stayed there. After the hustle and bustle of Waikiki, this place was just a little too isolated.

The front of our cottage

The back of the cottage

So we loaded up the rental car and were out of there.

Aloha for now.

7 comments:

  1. I would have stayed at the cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have stayed at the cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops! How did that happen? Surely could not have been my fault!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pictures! So glad you had that trip with family.

    Makes me want to go back. It is a paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful pictures...
    love the music...

    I think I need to go to paradise as well...

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cottages and sleeping with the windows open, but not somewhere I have never been before.I am so glad that your hubby is doing great! I love to see prayers answered.
    Take care,
    ginger

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos. I don't blame you for wanting to move...no AC ANYWHERE is not for me. In Paris one time I thought we would roast to death. LOL

    How's hubby doing today? Give us an update. Tell him Kat said "hi" and to be a good patient.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte