Friday, May 9, 2008

On the High Ledge in the Doll Room

Show and Tell

We've been in the doll room several times before, but today I want you to look up higher to see what we have on the high ledge.


Here are those three objects closer up.

To the left is a mission birdhouse my Hubby made. We had it in the family room for awhile on the top of an armoir. When we moved the armoir out, there was no place in there to put the birdhouse, so I suggested we put it in the doll room. I love it there. This is one of my favorite of many many birdhouses he made.

Meet the Laulu family. On the left is Mr. Laulu. Santa brought him to my son when he was about 3 years old. He immediately started calling him Laulu. He liked that bear so well that the next Christmas Santa brought him Mrs. Laulu and baby Laulu. He had a pretty big bear collection when he was little, but Laulu was always his favorite. When he outgrew the bears, I didn't have the heart to get rid of these three, so I've kept them all these years. Along the way I had to make a new body for Laulu. He was just loved to pieces.


I love this pink birdcage. Partly because I love pink, partly because I love birds, partly because I love birdcages. Mostly I love it because my daughter gave it to me not long after we moved here. Some of our friends from California were visiting right after I got the birdcage, and they thought it needed some birds in it, so they bought the two little birds for it while they were here.

17 comments:

  1. I admire people (you) who are both sentimental and sentimental savers. I can't think of hardly anything that I have that I have saved... like Alan's bear. I do wish I had saved the first sweater I made. I made it for my son when he was just a tiny boy. It had a bear on the back of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlotte! Your sons bears are the sweetest things. I love how they are peeking out of the basket. So cute! The pink birdcage is delightful, I love the roses on top especially.
    -Karoline

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bird church. That's very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice you have the bears from your son's childhood.
    Your husband is very talented. I love the birdcage and the little birds inside.
    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mission birdhouse is so creative! As a native Californian, I would someday like to visit all the missions. They're such an important part of our history!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bird house's are made with a lot of thought. I like bird houses as well,maybe when my husband retires he will make me one or two.
    Have a nice day,
    ginger

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed seeing your sweet treasures! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the little bears! And the mission bird house is lovely as well.

    Blessings

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sooo enjoy visiting you. Your home is lovely and it's obvious you love it and think carefully about each item you put in it.

    Have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Charlotte, I love the birdhouse your husband made. Those three little bears look right at home. I love the fact that you kept them all of these years. And I think your birdcage is beautiful. You have so many treasures. "Happy Mother's Day"! Hugs, Terrie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Howdy Miss Charlotte!
    I really liked the Mission Birdhouse, it's gorgeous! It remionded me of the beautiful missions in San Antonio. I too have a beloved stuffed animal. A rabbit named Noomie with all of the fur loved off of it. She has a place of honor and when I was 9, Meine Omi made her a new suit to cover her poor raggedy body! I actually cried because I thought she was going to hurt her!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  13. The ledge is very neat. Love your pretties.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The little bear family is cute. I have kept some of my children's toys, too. Love the mission bird house and pink bird cage, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Mission birdhouse is beautiful. And so special because your hubby made it for you. It looks as though a bird might pop by perched up on the ledge. I can't get rid of my kids' favorite things and special stuffed animals either. I am definitely a sentimental saver. I have a display of all their little clay pots they made in art class. It's not an art museum but I love them. Wow I love the pink birdcage for the same reasons you do it looks so nice pink. If a bird gets out of the birdcage it could live in the mission birdhouse haha.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Charlotte,
    You have a lovely home...
    I have enjoyed looking at all the pictures...

    great birdcage...

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  17. If those were my sons bears there is nothing that could get me to get rid of them either! Thanks for sharing. T~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte