An Old Tattered Picture
Here’s something that might be of interest to someone. At least it is of interest to me, ha ha.
Back on March 15 in one of my memes, I told about meeting my future husband in the summer when I was 11 years old while I was visiting in Oklahoma. After I went back to California, we started writing to each other. We wrote quite a few letters back and forth. During that time, I sent him this picture of me. He carried the picture in his wallet for years. That’s why it’s so tattered. Awe, isn’t that sweet? I think it is. We met in 1948. We got married in 1958.
This picture was made at the same time. See what good shape it’s in – not tattered at all. I was in the 7th grade here. I remember the skirt well because I made it. About that time I started doing a lot of sewing.

Beautiful girl, Beautiful lady.
ReplyDeleteHi Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteHow touching that your husband carried that picture for so many years.
I had to go back and read your meme from Mar 15 and what a sweet story!
My husband and I met in 1st grade, but didn't start dating until high school. Our 41st anniversary is next month..
hugs
That is SOOO~~~~ sweet!
ReplyDeleteginger
What a doll you are...I can see why he fell for you!♥
ReplyDeleteNow, I'm not in the know on the whole story of how you two met and ended up married ten years later, but it sounds like an amazing one (that I could use for some encouragement at this point!). :)
ReplyDeleteAnd how sweet is that, that he carried that cute little picture around with him for so long! You are truly blessed. :) Too sweet.
~jess
What a neat story. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you still have that tattered picture...some great memories.
ReplyDeleteHugs.
I love this post! What a sweet guy. He sure loved you and it shows. You were so pretty and still are.
ReplyDeleteKathi
What a pretty girl you were, I can see why your husband kept your picture close by...
ReplyDeletethis is a sweet story...
Louise