Thursday, May 22, 2008

In Waikiki

When we were in Waikiki in 1987 I was convinced that the best place to stay there was the Royal Hawaiian Hotel, although that was not where we stayed. I was wrong. This is the best place to stay -- Moana Surfrider Resort. It is right on the ocean almost right next to the Royal Hawaiian. The header picture was taken from their website. All the rest of the pictures are ones we took.

We were on the 16th floor. There were two balconies off our room. One overlooked the ocean and one overlooked the city. Here are shots from those two balconies.

If you look very closely you can see surfers out in the water. The waves weren't coming in very good so they were mostly floating around out there.

Here's a "zoomed" picture of the surfers.

There is our daughter (in the white top) and son (in the blue shirt). We shot this (zoomed) picture from our balcony looking down on them. I thought that was very interesting. We knew they were out walking and would be coming along that way. I called them on the cell phone and told them we would be taking their picture. They stopped there and were looking up at us.

Here's that same area as it was getting dark and the lights were coming on. Sooo pretty.


This picture was taken on the beach side of our hotel.

Mahalo for looking at our pictures. Mahalo means "thank you". The only word we heard more there was Aloha. I'm not sure. Maybe we heard mahalo more.

8 comments:

  1. Hello,
    It is just beautiful there!! I love the picture of all the lights on in the city.You have a good eye for taking pitures.
    Have a wonderful day,
    ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, I am sitting here with tears. When I was going through chemo, my husband would keep reminding me that when it was done we were going to Hawaii. He only had heard about it for 34 years! Your pictures and music bring the memory alive again. I can not even tell you how much I would love to go back. Your picture of the surfers is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful, but then I knew it would be!☺
    Mahalo for sharing these pic's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful is that! The water looked so clear, wow!
    God bless,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've missed you. Bet you didn't miss all of us. I KNOW you had a great time. Wonderful memories for wonderful people

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful photos! We haven't been to Hawaii since our 10th anniversary and we're having our 41st next month! It looks much more built up, but every bit as breathtaking as I remember.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mahalo for sharing your beautiful photos! Everything is gorgeous! You and your sweet hubby sure do make a handsome couple.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures!

    Congratulations on your 50th……

    Louise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte