Monday, May 12, 2008
Happy Monday
I hope all of you had as happy a Mother's Day as I did. Church was very good. A 99 year old woman played the piano for the offertory - a medly of Amazing Grace and How Great Thou Art. It was amazing. She got an extended standing ovation. Ordinarily my kids take me to a restaurant for lunch on Mother's Day, but this time my daughter fixed lunch. We had a delicious lunch and a nice relaxing day. Here is a picture of the desserts she bought at a place called the Wicked Bakery. Yum yum. I had some of each of these delicious things (except one). Maybe that's why I'm up a pound this morning. I may have to quit weighing again. It can be so depressing.
We are going to be very busy this week doing some special things with our kids. I won't have as much time as I usually do to spend at the computer visiting my bloggin' friends. I'll have some interesting things to share with you later on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like you had a lovely Mother's Day.
ReplyDeleteYummy - all those desserts look wonderful!!
All the pictures you post are so pretty!!
Not too long ago there was a little "piece" done on TV about the Wicked Bakery. I considered making the 200 mile trip just for a visit to that very place. I may still put it on my travel agenda.
ReplyDeleteI am glad your Mother's Day was special! And the desserts look so pretty.
ReplyDeleteTake care,
ginger
It sounds like you had a lovely Sunday!
ReplyDeleteOh my, I would have grabbed that chocolate covered strawberry first thing!
I don't even want to think about what my weight got up to after my weekend...sigh!
Have a great time with your family!☺
Your Mother's Day sounds wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI am amazed by the 99 yr old pianist.
She surely deserved her standing ovation.
Those desserts look very tempting!
Have a wonderful week :)
Wow, that 99 year old lady deserved one of those doughnuts!!
ReplyDeleteYour Mother's Day sounds lovely. Enjoy your week.
Kathi
Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteThose desserts do look 'wickedly delicious.'...Betty
It sounds like the perfect weekend/ Mother's Day. And the treats look so.. yummy!! We'll miss you! But, we understand! I'm excited to see what you have to show us when you return.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Terrie