Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Beautiful Quilt

As I have previously stated, my husband was a pastor for almost 50 years. He went into the full-time ministry in 1957, after he graduated from college. We were married the next year. These years of ministry were spent in four churches, three in California and one in Arizona. Every one of these churches was a great experience, and we were treated wonderfully well (for the most part) at each church. The above picture was taken at church during our ministry at our last California church. The ladies had put their quilt making skills together and made this beautiful quilt as a surprise for us. I was so glad the main color was pink. I think someone there knew that was my favorite color. These little pillows were cute too that one of the ladies made. I made a quilt while we were there too. Tomorrow, or maybe the next day I’ll show you that one.


4 comments:

  1. How special is that? What a nice gift and memory!

    We woke up to *sniff, sniff* SNOW today! :( At least it melts off quick.

    Brenda :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful. That was so nice of them to make that for you. Nice things happen to nice people!!~~~
    Have happy day,
    ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big quilt admirer, though I've never even attempted to make one!
    Both this one and the one you made are beautiful!☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cute with the pillow and quilt. What a sweet congregation to give you that quilt. I love your beautiful cathedral quilt too. Kathi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte