Friday, April 29, 2011

MUCH PRAYER NEEDED


There is always a need for much prayer, but it occurred to me that now more than ever before we need to be spending much time in prayer. The devastation caused by the tornados is enormous. Japan is still trying to recover from their disasters. And then there is all the turmoil in the middle east. Our government needs our prayers now more than anytime in recent history. I know we are all praying and will continue to pray about these concerns. 

I want to remind you of another source of things we need to pray about. We are constantly adding new prayer requests to our Prayer Request blog. I hope many will go to that blog and pray for those listed there. Here is the link: Prayer Requests. There us also an e-mail button where you can send other prayer requests to that blog.

Matthew 21:22 (New International Version, ©2011)

22 If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.”


Of course this is being linked to Spiritual Sundays. Last week we had 98 links on that blog, the most ever. There is so much inspiration shared in those links that I hope you will visit as many as you possibly can. Here is the link for that blog: Spiritual Sundays.

19 comments:

  1. I totally agree and have been praying for those here and in Japan....beautiful post! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, Charlotte. We are living in difficult times and we need to be in prayer. God honors the prayers of his people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... & I need to get back into Spiritual Sunday one again, when things settle down. Miss it. Prayer is great, He hears every word ... when we don't get what we are seeking He has a reason ...

    My best to you Charlotte. Love the hat ...

    Have a beautiful PS weekend.
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Charlotte, My post for Spiritual Sundays this week is about the power of prayer and the amazing journey/follow-up of a young teen who recently had brain surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the lovely post and prayers. A young couple from our church, she is from Japan, are returning home to serve as missionaries. What a lovely gesture for young ones. Many friends here in the south are suffering from these terrible tragedies. Blessings and love! Linda J

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charlotte,

    Amen! Joining you & all of the SS group in prayer! My post is on prayer today as well! Don't you just love it when many of us post on the same thing! :)

    Have a blessed weekend my dear friend! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you, we need to pray as much as we possibly can. It is only God who can fix the problems in this world, mend broken lives, and bring true peace. He is a good Father and His ear is always open to His children.

    I like what Kay Arthur has said, "Prayer is us reaching up and taking hold of the hand of God."

    ReplyDelete
  8. So true, Charlotte - we do need to pray. I want to thank you and Ginger for hosting the prayer blog and for all the prayers on behalf of my husband. I'm thankful for answered prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree too. So many people struggling...hurting...broken...suffering. Really glad Prayer changes things. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Charlotte,

    Like you and everyone one of the comments, I stand in agreement to pray for those affected by tornadoes here and the citizens of Japan.

    Just as the scripture reminds us to "...always pray and not give up" (Luke 18:1, NIV), we ought to continue to make our requests and petitions known to God.

    Blessings and peace.

    MTJ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes, Charlotte. We so need to pray. God will hear the cries of His children....

    ReplyDelete
  12. i have been thinking about that verse a lot these days, hoping that more and more i can see it in my life. thanks for sharing!
    a blessed Easter season!
    peggy aplSEEDS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for letting us know about the prayer requests blog. I will try and remember to check it out often. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a lovely weekend!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many needs. It's an privilege to pray...

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amen! Charlotte thank-you, so many times after the disasters we tend to pray a little less thinking that it's over, but truly it's just began for this people. Rebuilding there city, there homes, their life's. I will continue to pray for them and like always our Country.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so amazed! I use to be able to visit each SS participate and now we are growing so much! I am very happy but know it is challenging to visit everyone. You and I do need to pray more. We live in such difficult times and I feel so angry watching this ridiculous bantering between this so called president of ours with Donald Trump! Grow up and look round. The world is going straight to hell and none of these people seem to give a darn! I hate getting angry but I have to learn to keep trusting the Lord. He is the only answer to the mess our governments around the world have created with their greed and dis respect of the people.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Power of Prayer, a beautiful privilege. What a ministry you have, posting prayer requests for us to pray over.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have a nice blog
    come over for a visit
    www.ourjofulliving.com
    I AM HOSTING A GREAT GIVEAWAY AS WELL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte