Friday, May 6, 2011

Mothers and Angels

Yes, I know, mothers are people, not angels. Sometimes when you have a mother as special and precious as mine was, you almost think of them as angels. I found this poem online and thought it described my mother so I wanted to share it here.


My mother left this earth over 11 years ago. I still miss her especially on special occasions like Mother's Day. The following picture of my mother and me was taken in the 1960s. I still remember this special day. I made my dress and the one my mother is wearing for Mother's Day that year. My dear Hubby bought the corsages for us. 

One of the things I appreciated most about my mother was her love for God, Jesus, and the church. Everyone who knew my mother loved her. She showed genuine interest in everyone she met. In fact, she used to drive me a little crazy when she would start telling me about someone she knew who I hardly knew or didn't know at all, and she would go into detail telling me all about something going on in their lives. I would think, "I don't care." "I don't even know these people." She was interested in everybody. I mean, it wasn't like she just did this once in awhile. She did it all the time. Now I wish she was here to tell me some of her stories. I have the feeling that when I see her in heaven she will have lots of stories about lots of people she has met there to tell me about. It will be a wonderful time. I totally look forward to it. 

I'm sharing this for Spiritual Sundays this week. You can click HERE to go to that blog. So many wonderful people share their hearts with us there. I hope you will check it out if you are not familiar with Spiritual Sundays.




21 comments:

  1. Beautiful tribute to your mother,Charlotte.
    Have a great weekend! I'll get my Spiritual Sunday posts up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing about your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely tribute to your Mom. She must have been a beautiful lady.

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Charlotte ... now I'm wondering if our mothers weren't cut from the same bolt of (heavenly) cloth! I'm reading this and nodding along, just as if you're describing my own mother.
    Weren't we so incredibly blessed?!
    Thank you for giving voice to what I feel but sometimes can't put into words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for sharing your wonderful story honoring the miracle of motherhood in full bloom, as it acts justly, loves tenderly and walk humbly with our Lord. Perfectly chosen for you and you for her, eternally. blessings+

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely picture of you and your mother, Charlotte. For those of us whose Moms have gone on to be with the Lord, we especially miss them today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Charlotte,

    Thank you for sharing this beautiful tribute to your mother. It's a wonderful comfort to look forward to once again seeing her and hearing her share stories of those whom she has met in glory.

    Blessings and peace.

    MTJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful photo and sentiments you share. I wish I had more pictures of just my mom and me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Mother's Day! hope you are enjoying the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's obvious from the picture how much she loved you. Your husband posted such a sweet tribute you you -- it warmed my heart!

    Happy Mother's Day,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great tribute...I hope when my kids are grown and I'm not longer here...they'll think of me like this. For now....I wish you the best mother's day ever Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful way to honor your mother. It was fun to see your photo...God bless and Happy Mother's Day. Thanks for the prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The dresses you made are sure nice. You must be an expert seamstress!
    I like the poem too.
    Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful memories you have. I love the dresses that you made!

    Happy Mother's Day, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Charlotte this is so beautiful! I loved your mom and miss her too. She always put a smile on my face. I have been wanting her fried apricot pies.
    Happy Mothers day to you,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful picture you have painted of your mother. And that photo reminds me of photos I have from the 60s of my Mom and me.
    Loved hearing about your mother's caring heart.

    Happy Mother's Day,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  17. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY CHARLOTTE!!!
    many hugs to you,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a wonderful tribute to your mother. I don't think, rather I know, that we never stop missing our moms - even though we know they are in a far better place.

    Happy Mothers day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sweet tribute to a special lady. Won't Heaven be sweet. What big footsteps they left for us to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a sweet tribute to your mom. I love the picture of the two of you in the dresses you made. You were quite a good seamstress! I remember dresses like that from the '60's. Happy Mother's day :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. A very sweet poem, and pretty picture, Charlotte
    Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte