Tuesday, March 29, 2011

BOOK REVIEW

When you read a book that makes you cry one minute and a few pages later you're laughing hilariously you know that book is a winner. We were at a Border's book store that was going out of business and some books had been marked down 60%. I really had no intentions of buying a book. I had just gone there with hubby because he is the "real" book lover in the family. But when I saw Susan's book marked down to $11.00, I couldn't resist it. I fell in love with her along with the rest of the western world when we all discovered what a wonderful voice she has.

Susan tells the story of her interesting life beginning when she was born in a little village in Scotland through all her experiences to become the woman she was born to be. If I had paid full price for the book it would have been well worth it.

My hubby reviews books all the time for different publishers. He has many many books on his sidebar. You can click on any one of them to go to his review of that book. You can click HERE to visit his blog.

 Now I think I'll open up iTunes and listen to some of Susan's music.

6 comments:

  1. HI MISS CHARLOTTE!!!
    I love saying that!!Reminds me of a very fun game I played as a Child, wasn't she a character in the CLUE game???Or do I have it mixed up with the BOOK????OH well, I love it still!!
    I loved Susan Boyle too, what a voice!!!
    Made me cry watching her week after week!!
    So good to see you the other day!!
    hugs,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte, Susan is such a beauty, isn't she. I love all about her ... her writes, her songs, her!!

    You looked so nice at the Sat. Tea Party ... I love the picture of my sis-Sherry & Julie ... hope you had a nice time.

    Have a beautiful day ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know she had written a book, I'll have to look for it! I love her singing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Charlotte!! We had such a good time! It was such a pleasure to see you again and your hat was so cute! :) We'll have to all get together again soon!!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to read about interesting people. I'll have to keep my eye out for this story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charlotte, I don't know if you know me, but I would love it if you would pop over to my blog as I have a surprise for you. It has to do the the Arizona bloggers tea.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte