was walking with an older,
More seasoned minister
In the garden one day.
About what God
Had for him to do,
He was asking the older preacher
For some advice.
Walked up to a rosebush
And handed the young preacher
A rosebud and told him
To open it
without tearing off any petals.
Looked in disbelief
At the older preacher
And was trying to figure out
What a rosebud
Could possibly have to do
With his wanting to know
The will of God
What a rosebud
Could possibly have to do
With his wanting to know
The will of God
For his life and ministry.
For the older preacher,
He proceeded to try to unfold the rose,
He proceeded to try to unfold the rose,
While keeping every petal intact.
Before he realized
How impossible
How impossible
this was to do.
to unfold the rosebud
Without tearing it,
The older preacher
Began to recite
The following poem.
A flower of God's design;
But I cannot unfold the petals
With these clumsy hands of mine."
Is not known to such as I.
GOD opens this flower so easily,
But in my hands they die."
"If I cannot unfold a rosebud,
This flower of God's design,
Then how can I have the wisdom
To unfold this life of mine?"
"So I'll trust in God for leading
Each moment of my day.
I will look to God for guidance
In each step of the way."
Only my Lord knows.
I'll trust God to unfold the moments,
Just as He unfolds the rose."
As I was pondering what to share today for Spiritual Sundays I got an email from an old friend. This beautiful story was in that email. At the end of the post was an admonition to pass it on to others. I chose to use this venue of passing it on instead of e-mailing it. I hope it has blessed your life as it has mine.
- Charlotte
Please visit our Spiritual Sundays blog if you did not come here from there. Here is the link: http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/







I am going through the process of releasing all my cares to God.Thank you for sharing that beautiful story.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Virginia
My aunt sent me this same email a while back and I appreciated it then; I still do. Thank you for sharing it. Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Sandi
I'd never seen this poem before, Charlotte .... what a beautiful, perfect example of His glory!
ReplyDeleteRainy day blessings :)
Myra
Hi Charlotte...I am so glad you shared this poem...I loved it...and needed to hear this. Have a super weekend.
ReplyDeleteOh, this is such a beautiful poem...and has so much meaning because none of us knows what the future brings...it is truly in God's hands...
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Cindy
xoox
This is a great poem and wonderful analogy for our lives....Thanks!
ReplyDeleteMy kids both attended a WONDERFUL preschool! This poem was framed on the walls and shared with all of us...the kids and mostly the mothers. They were a school who believed in building these children up in love and knew how very precious each and every child is. I will always remember this poem and so thankful you shared it with us today!
ReplyDeleteHave a beautiful weekend Charlotte!
Love you
"I'll trust God to unfold the moments"...what a great reminder for me this week! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. I've noticed how the Holy Spirit has led so many to write about trust and obedience this weekend!
ReplyDeleteHI Charlotte, Thanks so much for sharing that poem with us. I will think of it next time I see a rose!!!
ReplyDeleteHello Charlotte, Oh God is so good. We all need to understand our trust in Him should be absolute. Bless you for taking the time to share it on here. It is very true. Hugs
ReplyDeleteI love this lesson. It is one of great wisdom. I just finished a Daily Grace devotion that tells us when we try to seek ourselves and who we are, we never find it. When we seek God and His will, we find Him and we also find ourselves. Thanks for this awesome post and God bless. Bobbi
ReplyDeleteI loved this! I'm glad you that you past it on to us at Spiritual Sunday. Have a wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteGod Bless,
Ginger
Thank you for sharing! How true, I think sometimes we try to do Gods job for Him, and of course it never works. Blessing to you!
ReplyDeleteI love that, Charlotte. Thanks for sharing it with us. Blessings ~
ReplyDeleteThis was such a wonderful story - especially since I love roses so much and have been blessed by them every day for the last 3 weeks while walking! I just returned home and was out checking out the grandkids Sunflower House we planted, and as I looked at the intricacy of those blooms, I thought of this again. Thank you! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful poem and story. I love the rosebud analogy. Have a wonderful week. Patty
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed this, Charlotte! It is so true!
ReplyDeleteHuge California hugs,
KJ
The story about the ministers and the rosebud was very touching. we need to ask for help from God as we can't handle everything. have a good day. Rose
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing. That is a beautiful post.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful poem, Charlotte. It is a good reminder to always trust in the Lord's leading.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed this since I am such a lover of roses, especially yellow roses!
ReplyDeleteKatherine
We certainly needed to read this post today. Thank you so much. If you don't mind, I would like to share it because so many of my church needs to read this right now.
ReplyDelete