Friday, July 2, 2010

GOD BLESS AMERICA



A M E R I C A

A
is for the Attitudes
that conquer any quest
M
is for the multitudes
who know just why they're blessed
E
pluribus unum
from sea to shining sea
R
for all the Riches found
where everyone is free
I
for individuals
who sacrifice their all
C
because our Christian faith
will answer every call, so one more
A
for attitudes
That live inside of us
God has blessed America
Cause God is who we trust

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

© 2001 William Heffner

I like this poem by William Heffner. I especially like the last part. "God has blessed America cause God is who we trust." Let us pray that once again the United States of America will be considered a Christian nation. And let's pray for a president who recognizes that fact.

I hope you will visit our Spiritual Sundays blog for more spiritual/inspirational posts. You can click HERE to go to that blog. 

PhotobucketPhotobucket



14 comments:

  1. Oh Charlotte! I join you in praying that we would have a President who KNOWS, CLAIMS, AND DECLARES that we ARE IN DEED a CHRISTIAN NATION!

    Have a blessed 4th of July weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful poem Charlotte. May God bless America. Blessings to you for a safe and happy 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful poem. i'm visiting and following from Spiritual Sunday!
    happy July 4!!
    Blessings,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful poem.....
    Have a very Happy 4th of July.
    Sweet Blessings,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm praying right along with you for this nation. Lovely song in the background and I love every line in this poem!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Charlotte. I join you in prayer for our nation.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. After a long absence I am posting on Spirial Sundays again. I just posted and came to yours and see we have similar thoughts!

    We've been traveling a lot and visiting my sister, who has lung cancer and is in treatment now.

    We'll be leaving again this coming week.

    I like this poem!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I join you in praying for our nation. Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  9. God Bless America indeed! Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Charlotte, I am new to blogging I loved your 4th of July poem.. May God Bless American. I just paid tribute to my son-in-law on my blog. Please pray.. Just married my daughter 1 year ago. Has his first orders as an officer to leave us in 7 days.
    Blessings,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely, Charlotte! ... something like what we used to memorize in grade school. Wouldn't it be nice if our school system were to return to its roots?

    Blessings,
    Myra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Indeed Charlotte, God Bless America and keep it close in His heart.
    Have a wonderful happy celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to say AMEN! Enjoy your family this weekend.
    Hugs,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  14. a big yes to this post.....happy july 4th...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte