Wednesday, March 17, 2010

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY

Forgot to wear green on St. Patty’s Day? Don’t be surprised if you get pinched. No surprise, it’s an entirely American tradition that probably started in the early 1700s. St. Patrick’s revelers thought wearing green made one invisible to leprechauns, fairy creatures who would pinch anyone they could see (anyone not wearing green). People began pinching those who didn’t wear green as a reminder that leprechauns would sneak up and pinch green-abstainers. (from the Christian Science Monitor website).
 I never liked this custom. Seems like I always forgot to wear green. (charlotte)

Photobucket
HAVE A GREAT DAY AND DON'T GET PINCHED.


4 comments:

  1. Happy St. Patricks Day, Charlotte! Hope you and your hubby have a wonderful day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have an awesome St. Patty's Day!
    Hugs,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Charlotte!!!
    I once got pinched and never forgot after that!!!!Even if it was a green shamrock on my shirt!!!!
    I will be wearing my green today!!!
    Have a Happy St. Patrick's DAY!!!!
    hugs,
    jamie
    pick your menu selection out soon!!!!they have lots of good choices!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Charlotte, I am a day or two late here but hope you are having a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte