I called my friend Irene today to wish her a happy birthday. She lives in Oregon now but spent about 50 years in the mission field in Brazil. I told her about my blogging. She said she didn't even know what a blog was. I sent her an email with links on it to my blogs after trying to explain what blogs are. She asked me if I was on facebook. I told her I was. She said she joined it but never did anything with it and somehow whenever she tried to get on it rejected her password. So, I looked her up and this is the picture of her that was there. She says it all very confusing to her. She barely does e-mails. I don't know if she will be able to see this post or not. I think I will take a snapshot of it and e-mail it to her. She will be surprised. Irene and I have been friends like forever - since I was in the 5th grade. She was two grades ahead of me in school. I was her maid of honor at her wedding and two weeks later she was my matron of honor. I hope she is able to see this post. Happy Birthday Irene. I love you.


AWWWW Charlotte this is precious!! I hope she gets to see this as well! What a gift to have a life long (almost) friend!! I love it and if she sees this...
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday Irene!! We love your Charlotte too
What a sweet~~sweet post.Friendships like that are a blessing.I hope today was a good day for you, and that your feeling good.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Ginger
How wonderful to have a lifelong friend....Happy Birthday to her!
ReplyDeleteCharlotte,
ReplyDeleteYou are very lucky to have a sweet friend since 5th grade...that is so rare! Happy Birthday to you, Irene!
Hugs,
Jean
P.S. Hoping everything went well for you with your surgery.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHow special to have a good friend for so long a time.
ReplyDeleteHI Charlotte!!!
ReplyDeleteI will try and get something organized for our AZ bloggers luncheon!!! I was thinking the Teeter House, it is downtown in that historic square, and a fun tea room/restaurant. We could then tour the Rosson House!!!!
Maybe March????
Thanks for writing!!!!
had a fund day at the seminar. Laura Bush was my fav!!!!
hugs,
jamie