Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I'm Older

Yes, I am older than this early version of a camper made by Ford Motor Co. It's a 1937 model. Thanks to friend Karen for the email.




Here are a couple of pictures of the inside.





It was discovered in the owner's garage in northern Minnesota in 2001. Wow. that's a long time to keep something in the garage. lol

13 comments:

  1. HI Charlotte!!!!
    If today is your birthday then a big
    Happy Birthday to you!!!!
    My Mom was born in 1937, and I think she is a Young almost 73!!!!
    You my dear are a young 70 something too!!!
    Have a great day
    and that is a pretty nice camper for it being 70 plus!!!!
    hugs,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! You are beautiful and so is this camper.
    Hugs,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. No no no. It isn't my birthday. I just meant i was older because it was made in 1937. I was born in 1936. I appreciate the nice comments though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a find! And the little bunny from your daughter is so sweet...I love little gifts like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't believe I have ever seen one of those before, but they sure are neat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen one of these in a museum,thanks for the pics of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is that?? This car is pretty but you my friend are beautiful! INSIDE AND OUT!!

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  8. How interesting! I've never seen one before. It looks to be in pretty good shape too.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That was a luxury RV back in 1937 and I'm sure the owners of it had a grand time touring and camping around the country! So neat to see it...thanks!


    Hugs,
    Jean
    P.S. I've not been blogging for awhile...I'm sure you've seen the news footage of us digging out of our various and sundry snowstorms and the latest BLIZZARD! And, we've been in the dark with sudden power outages, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is so cute and I can just imagine all the fun the owner must have had.
    Gas prices were a lot different then too so he must have ben able to do a lot of traveling for a few dollars!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sitka has an award for you at All Gods Creatures.
    Hugs, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the camper pics! Never saw one like that - awesome! Just stopping by, came across your blog this morning while surfing the net - trying to get my mind off of snow and cold weather here in PA! Nice blog! Have a good day now!
    Connie in PA

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the post and photos. I worked in the rv industry for 10 years and campers have a special place in my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte