Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A NEW AMERICAN IDOL?

Scott MacIntyre is one of the final 36 contestants on American Idol. We never (hardly ever) watch this show but we watched it last night because we are so excited that this young man is competing. He is a member of our church and we have enjoyed him and his family leading our worship occasionally. He is terrific when he plays the piano and sings too. The remarkable thing about it is that he's legally blind. 

Here's some info about him I downloaded from the internet. It's impressive, but the best thing about him is that he is a committed Christian and if he wins will have a wonderful testimony. We voted for him last night - first time we have ever voted for a contestant on this show I hope you will want to support him as well.


Scott MacIntyre is in the top 36 contestants on FOX's "American Idol 8." Scott MacIntyre auditioned in Phoenix, Arizona. Scott MacIntyre sang "And So It Goes" by Billy Joel for his audition. All four judges voted yes to send Scott MacIntyre to Hollywood. 

Scott MacIntyre is almost blind and plays several instruments including the piano. Classically trained, Scott MacIntyre has been internationally profiled on CNN, Headline News, Sky News Europe, Global Television Network, USA Today, and national and local news, radio, and print media as pianist, vocalist, and songwriter. Scott MacIntyre has independently produced, engineered, and released 6 full-length CD's and has written in genres spanning pop, rock, punk, jazz, and classical. 

Scott MacIntyre started college at 14 years old and earned his bachelor's degree from Arizona State University at age 19. He then attended graduate school in London, England. He also plays piano, guitar and drums. Scott MacIntyre is from Scottsdale, Arizona and is 23 years old.



8 comments:

  1. How fun. Another one from AZ!
    What a talent he has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! You know him personally? How awesome is that? What a small world. My hubby and I watch American Idol. :o)

    Thank you so much for the sweet comment and visiting my blog. I pray you will visit often!

    Nice to meet you!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I voted for him, Charlotte! Both my husband and I really like him too. Many of my friends are members of Scottsdale Bible. Maybe we know some of the same people. Go, Scott!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is amazing..i wouldn't know if no one said, really. U just can't tell.

    Silver
    Reflections / One Day at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! That is so exciting, I would of voted for him as well. I have never seen this show but of course I have heard of it. I hope this young man wins.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the information, Charlotte. My husband and I always watch AI and we thought Scott MacIntyre was wonderful. His entire family seems so supportive. We're rooting for him!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. We don't usually watch that program - but we will now. He has a great voice. What a testimony if he wins.
    Thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Scott and it is so special you actually know him, He is a wonderful youg guy and I love watching his family in the backround. Thanks for sharing this info
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte