One of the chapters in this book is about balance. It's called Remember to Keep Moving. He asks if you have ever tried to balance yourself on one foot without moving. It can't be done. You have to keep readjusting or you will fall over. I remember trying to balance my bike when I was a kid while standing still. You can't do it. You have to get moving. Kinkade uses the example of a seesaw on a playground. The fun of playing on it is moving up and down. He says you could make the whole thing more stable if you took the board off and laid it on the ground, but the result would be boring and meaningless.
Life requires a constant shifting, changing and readjusting. Otherwise, life would be very boring. As Christians we want the light of Christ to shine in our lives. To do this we must live a balanced life in my opinion.
Kinkade goes on to say that the very changing tilting dynamic he has found can sometimes fool us into thinking we're losing our balance when we're actually doing all right. Sometimes we have to remind ourselves to relax a little more, and worry a little less, to trust the way we've blocked in the composition and set ourselves up for balance, to remember the big picture and not let the details overwhelm it.
Up, down, with a constantly changing perspective on the canvas of your life -- it's the way things should be. A dynamic equilibrium--full of richness and balance and harmony and joy.

When I find my focus and keep my balance --
I find that all is right with my world.
-Thomas Kinkaid
Be sure to visit the Spiritual Sundays blog for links to other posts. And -- if you didn't see the Thomas Kinkade photos that I put on my other blog, you can click here to go there.

I appreciated the message in this post, Charlotte. A good prospective and an encouraging word for these days we're in:)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this:)
Linda C
My mother in laws live will be changing soon. I look at it as a good change, and that the Lord will be with her as she curves with the road. Thank-you for such a touching post today.
ReplyDeleteI love your new blog for spring it is so pretty.
Blessing
Ginger
This sounds like something my own mother tried to impart long ago.
ReplyDeleteFortunately, I'm now more receptive to the words. Thank you for sharing this timely message!
Myra
During this time my pastor has been talking about shifts. Your words are very timely for me. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful SS.
ReplyDeleteShifting with a balance perspective
Willnette
Charlotte... true words... which I tried to instill in my young-uns... and I hope that I did... funny thing - you don't know until something in life happens that makes you dig deep within yourself to find what you know within your heart...
ReplyDeleteblessings. Dixie
ps... speaking of artists... i hope you'll drop by my French Lique blog to read about the 86 year old artist of a painting I found at Goodwill... I found my artist too... and she is a joy!
Life certainly does require us to shift and adjust with what comes into our lives. If we can manage it, our faith grows stronger.
ReplyDeleteHave a beautiful Sunday...Kathy
Good thinking: to take balancing to a balanced life, which we all need. Thanks for sharing. Happy Spiritual Sunday.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Charlotte, for this inspirational message. Have a great Sunday.
ReplyDeleteYour blog is so beautifully decorated for spring :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a timely message this post shares. We all need to strive to find the proper balance in life.
Thanks for sharing this today..
xo
Hi Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing such an inspirational post. Balance ~ we have to have it; otherwise we live an unbalanced and tilted life!
Blessings,
Sandi
Very Pretty Flowers on your blog and I love bike riding! Thanks for the insight! Happy Spring!
ReplyDeleteKaryl(Carol)
Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteThis sounds like a good book. What you've shared is so true, I hadn't thought about it like that before.
Happy Sunday!!
ReplyDeleteLOL I tried it and you are so right, it kind of reminds me how Jesus keeps the balance in our lives when we are joined with him spiritually, instead on our own trying to balance on one foot
(smiles)
Hugz Lorie
HI Charlotte I'll try again on my link so you can delete the first one.
ReplyDeleteThanks for pointing it out to me.
Hugz Lorie
Hi Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your Thomas Kinkade book with us...so true.
Hugs'N'Blessings,
Jean
Charlotte this was a wonderful post,if we do not make ajustments in our lives things would just come to a stand still.It is something we need to teach all our young ones these days,because it is geting to where we have to blance out alot of things with the world today and keep God in the front with all things.
ReplyDeleteJust a beautiful post~ also your blog's side pictures are soooo lovely. Very uplifting.
ReplyDeleteI'm very behind with my comments, hope to catch up eventually. I didn't see your TK posts yet, will keep looking. We love TK and have several of his paintings, and quite a few of his books, I like the way he writes.
ReplyDeleteYour blog looks beautiful!
Those cupcakes look good!
I'm featuring a home tour, please join us!
Katherine