Saturday, May 14, 2011

TROUBLE


There has always been trouble everywhere but it seems to me there is more trouble more places in the world than there ever has been before. I am sharing a couple of paragraphs from Tim Hansel's little book Keep On Dancin' on this subject.
There is no question that life is difficult. In fact, it has been said that God promises four things: peace, power, purpose, and TROUBLE. For example, in the verse above Jesus reminds us quite boldly that in the world there will be trouble. But we are not merely to endure it. We are to "be of good cheer," for He has overcome the world.
Many of us have only gotten half the message. We recognize the difficulty of life and drearily drag ourselves through each day, mumbling about our burdens. (I've heard it said that "some Christians have just enough Christianity to make them miserable.") It can be different ⎼ but the choice is ours.
You promised both peace and trouble, Jesus. 
But You also promised that I could have them
at the same time. Thank You!

___________

Spiritual Sundays is a good place to spend some of your time each weekend. Please click HERE to go to that site where you will find many blessings.


15 comments:

  1. This is so true, I work with some Christians who seem so miserable.
    God Bless and Hugs,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend who claims to be a Christian and she spends all her time complaining and getting petty over the things others have! I get so frustrated with her. This was well written and thank you for sharing today. I am posting my SS post later today. Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, excellent! PEACE and trouble at the same time...what a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always so blessed when I come to Spiritual Sundays.I also posted about Peace this week. For reasons unknown to me even I have been drawn to these scriptures this week. I am amazed at the number of posst relating to this subject.
    It is so comforting to know we can have peace even when we have trouble.
    Blessings,
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a great reminder that no matter what happens...good or bad....He sees...He knows and He's in control. Thanks for this Charlotte. Hope your weekend is going great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, trouble is a part of life...Sometimes I spend too much time trying to make the storms go away instead of learning to dance in the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful that we have His peace. I wish everyone knew about it and could experience it...if they only knew the One who gives it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Charlotte, what a great devotional. Wonderful words and Scripture of encouragement! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this verse! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that, Charlotte, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so loved Tim Hansel’s books. I miss that we’ll no longer have new writings from him but I’m so thankful that he is now fully in the Lord’s presence, facing no more troubles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it, Jesus overcame the world

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post with a wonderful reminder of God's promise. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte