I have a "tweet" program that causes the tweets of everyone I'm following to pop up on the right side of my computer screen whenever one of them tweets a new tweet. Is that the way to say that? Doesn't sound quite right, but I don't know how else to say it. So, whenever Max Lucado tweets a new tweet, I see it. This morning this tweet popped up. "We can't choose whether or not we are born with a big nose or blue eyes or a lot of hair … but we can choose where we spend eternity. Max Lucado." As soon as I saw it, I thought about Spiritual Sundays and the fact that I didn't know what I was going to share this time. Thanks, Max, for giving me this idea. I had never thought about it exactly this way. I love the way Max Lucado has a unique way of saying things.
So, after I read this quote, I thought about the fact that we can choose where we spend eternity. Then the thought occurred to me that not many people give that reality much, if any, thought. I think most people just "stumble" through this life and if asked whether they think they will go to heaven when they die, they usually say, "I hope so." It is quite amazing how we prepare for everything we do in this life but too often make no preparation for the next life at all. The thought came to my mind of all the preparation I made before I went on the cruise last week. What if I had just said I wanted to go on the cruise, but did not sign up, did not pay the price, did not make sure airline and hotel reservations were made, and did not even pack my suitcase. Could I have gone on that cruise? If someone had asked me if I was going, would I have said, "I hope so." Now that cruise was a lot of fun, but compared to where I will spend eternity? Well - you get the idea.
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the father but by me." John 14:6. Jesus died that we might have life. It is a free gift. There is nothing we can do to earn it, but we must accept it. Since Jesus is the only way to the father, doesn't it follow, that Jesus is the only way to heaven? No one can get there by just "being good." There is no way we can be that good. Thankfully we have the Bible as a guide to tell us how to be sure that we will spend eternity in heaven. We need to be sure that we choose to go there and not just "hope" that it will happen.
I missed visiting everyone who linked to Spiritual Sundays last weekend because I was on the Girl's Get-A-Way cruise. I wrote about it on my other blog so if you are interested, you can go there and check it out. http://char72.wordpress.com/
If you are new to Spiritual Sundays, I hope you will click on Linking Info under the header picture on that blog and share a post on your blog. If you don't have a blog or do not have a post to share, just click on the different links to read many inspirational posts that others have shared.


This message should be be posted throughout the internet. So many are making choices about everything else except where they will spend eternity. Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteYou have a good way with words! This is a very effective message, I think.
ReplyDeleteSo true! Great message.
ReplyDeleteHappy weekend hugs,
Kat
A wonderful post Charlotte. Welcome back home and I enjoyed reading about your trip and seeing the pretty photos. Have a restful weekend.
ReplyDeleteHow beautifully you explained this Charlotte... i have never given so much thought on it... thank you for sharing and inspiring me...
ReplyDeleteWelcome back, Charlotte. Thanks for such a great post.
ReplyDeleteWelcome Back, Charlotte!!! I'm heading over to read about it!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope you had so much fun...and I just love anything Max Lucado writes...he's amazing...and I love how you "brought it home" for all of us to see how we plan so much for everything...We need to make even bigger plans that that for eternity.
Bless you, my dear friend.
Love,
Cindy
Welcome Home Charlotte!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great analogy of Salvation, and planning for our eternal destination you have given! so inspiring to me!
Hugs,
Sue
hahah. and yes you said it right. Love the truth of your post...and gentleness of your spirit and your love for Him that always shines through your posts.
ReplyDeleteA very good word, Charlotte. I love Max Lucado's writings. And the theme this week seems to be Jesus, the only way to heaven.
ReplyDeleteHope you had a great time on your cruise. Once again, thank you and Ginger so much for hosting this blessing blog.
Love,
Dianne
Hello Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteThe timing of your post is perfect. Our grandbaby born this week. His prayer journal started from his "Gee Gee" even before he was born. Praying for this next generation.
Blessings for a wonderful week,
♥Virginia
Thank you for these inspiring words. God is using you to touch people around the world!
ReplyDeleteSo true. I am so glad salvation is not by works. I could never work that hard or be that good.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing.
Annette
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your insights.
ReplyDeleteJocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/
What a great insight. I saw Max’s tweet this morning, too! Your example of preparing for a cruise and preparing for heaven is so good. Thanks for your faithfulness in sharing with us.
ReplyDeleteCharlotte, This is an amazing post today! I will most definitely use this analogy the next time someone tells me I hope so. You were missed last week.
ReplyDeleteHugs&Blessings,
Ginger
I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your cruise! That is definitely on my "someday" list! What a blessing!
ReplyDeleteI just downloaded Max Lucado's audible book, Facing Your Giants. I love his use of metaphors and alliteration. He writes with a sense of prose, too! Anyway, he is also on my Twitter and, like you, I enjoy seeing his tweets.
This is a profound thought!
Hugs, KJ
So, so true!
ReplyDeleteHow many struggle to comprehend a road map, to equip ourselves for the day-to-day ...
not stopping to consider His greatest "GPS"!
PS - Sooo glad you had a wonderful time on the cruise. 'Loved the pictures :)
Yes! I do love Max Lucado's writings too! I just opened one of his books, "Grace For the Moment". Today's scripture is, "There is joy in the presence of the angels of God when one sinner changes his heart and life." Luke 15:10.
ReplyDeleteI am so grateful for His Gift!
Blessings and Hugs,
~Lynn♥
Max so puts everything right in front of us to absorb ... I love him. His insight, wisdom & lessons are wonderful
ReplyDeleteHave a beautiful day ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon
Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteThis is a precious truth.
This is a great subject and you wrote about it so well. I like the idea of Twitter popping up on my computer! It is suppose to help writers in that you say something in a few words. I've got to become more techie; its not just going to pop up by itself (just like accepting salvation!)
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely post. We all benefit so much from Spiritual Sunday's. Have a blessed week.
ReplyDeleteSuch a wonderful way with words... lovely post. I hope you enjoyed yourself on your cruise. Blessings my AZ friend
ReplyDeleteWonderful post Charlotte. Such a simple truth and yet, as you say, how few give so little thought to life beyond this earthly existance. I pray your post may have jarred someone into thinking about it and getting ready!!!!
ReplyDeleteWow what a great post. "Grace" what a wonderful gift
ReplyDeleteSometimes I am overwhelmed by the thoghts of eternity and all the people we will finally meet at our Savior's feet. And we think blogging is fun. I can only imagine...
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing Charlotte. Can't beat Max and his wisdom.
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed week.