![]() |
| Scott MacIntyre |
So, they have a contest going now for American Idol contestant of the month. 119 former contestants are being voted on. When I first discovered it, Scott was #30. He is now #7. People can vote every 20 minutes and although I haven't voted for him nearly that often, I have voted for him many times. Every time I vote again, it is "tweeted" on my facebook page. So if you are my facebook friend, you probably know about Scott. Yes, that is a picture of Scott on this post. I wish I had a picture of Fanny Crosby. I would put that here too.
Now, I have said all this as an introduction to a comment Fanny Crosby made when asked about her blindness. (I found this information in Randy Alcorn's excellent book If God is Good.)
Fanny Crosby, blinded by an incompetent doctor at the age of six weeks, penned more than eight thousand hymns. She expressed delight that Jesus' face would be the first she would ever see. If she'd thought, "Ill never be able to see," she would have been profoundly sad. Instead, she could say with Job, "After my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God... I, and not another" (Job 19:26-27).
Concerning her blindness, Fanny said, "It seemed intended by the blessed providence of God that I should be blind all my life, and I thank him for the dispensation... If perfect earthly sight were offered me tomorrow I would not accept it... I verily believe it was His intention that I should live my days in physical darkness, so as to be better prepared to sing His praises and incite others so to do."
When you see God at work, you don't look to blame someone; you look to credit him. Now, I don't know about you, but I have always thought that being blind would be one of the worst handicaps imaginable. To see how God is blessing so many with handicaps so that their handicaps become blessings to them and to others, it increases my faith so much.
![]() |
If you twitter, and would like to vote for Scott, go to this link: http://tweeter.faxo.com/ and click on I ❤Idol and you can add your vote.



Hi Charlotte, What a great post. I remember Scott from American Idol very well. I also have always loved the music of Fanny Crosby. Mother was blind most of her life but shortly before she passed away, she began to describe in great detail what we believe to be Heaven and she would clearly see faces of those who had gone on to Heaven years before. She could not see or distinguish those of us in the room with her. It brought to mind all the hymns we sing about "the blind shall see." Thank you for another inspiring post Charlotte.
ReplyDeleteA wonderful post Charlotte ~ very inspiring. I read, I commented, I posted, I voted! I'm takin' the rest of the day off (: P.S Love your musical sign-off
ReplyDeleteG'day Charlotte ~ Beautiful write, wonderful young man. You are always so inspiring.
ReplyDeleteHave a BOO-TEA-FUL weekend!
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon
This is a wonderful post. You are a blessing to me, as well as all the readers of Spiritual Sunday.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful inspiring post! thank you!!
ReplyDeleteHi Charlotte!
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful post! I have always admired Fanny Crosby for her music and her love for Christ...such a woman of great inspiration to us all for accepting her portion and her cup with beauty and grace!
Hugs, Carolyn ~ Cottage Sunshine
Glad to be back visiting all the wonderful inspiring posts.
ReplyDeleteI remember Scott from American Idol, talented young men,and what a amazing beautiful soul was Fanny Crosby.It is people like them, that teach us that with God’s love we can overcome all obstacles.....Beautiful post.
Blessings,
Virginia
Oh wow, Charlotte, this is amazing!! And I bet he's going to win!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to see if I can find him on Youtube...Have a great weekend!!!
XO
Fanny Crosby would have been a wonderful lady to meet. Blessed Assurance is my favoured hymn. I know there are many, yet I love this so much...and to be blind and still write like that...I don't know Scott the other blind singer, but I admire him so much for following his dream even with a physical defect. Praise God for him and I pray he knows the Lord.
ReplyDeleteHi Charlotte...someone had given me Fanny Cosby's biography and it really touched me....her faith...in spite of her handicap. I used to think too...that it would be horrible not to see...but I'm beginning to 'see' He gives us what makes us strong....Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful post Charlotte! Thank you for sharing about Scott. I love Fanny Crosby's hymns.
ReplyDeleteJocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com
Such an interesting post! I definately agree that God has special gifts for people with disabilities. I have been working with them all of my life... first as a babysitter and volunteer, then as a Special Ed teacher and Recreational Therapist. They have blessed my life tremendously. We just need to look past their disability and see the unique person God has made them. They are just differently-abled. They can do everything we do... only a little different. And God has given them some special abilities, too. Great post!!!
ReplyDeleteCharlotte, I enjoyed reading about this special young man. I don't watch American Idol but I'm routing for Scott too. God bless him!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Sandi
Oh my, I love your post! I hope you will read mine although I tend to be very personal about my faith. But if I don't shout that I love Christ no one will know will they? But the blind musician post made me smile because I get so defensive of the blind. My maternal grandmother was blind. Yet here I see another side of this and I am grateful to know you and be part of this Spiritual Sunday post. Thanks Anne
ReplyDeleteLoved this post, Charlotte! 'splains alot about your FB statuses lately. ;-) I remember him on AI and was very impressed with him and his heart even then. Love Fanny's hymns, too.
ReplyDeleteLove Fanny Crosby. What an inspiration. As is Scott.
ReplyDeleteThank you for hosting Spiritual Sundays!
What we see as limitations God sees as opportunities...to fulfill His purppose and give God the glory! This is a beautiful post...inspirational and educational too :)
ReplyDeleteI was always impressed with Scott and his attitude when he was on American Idol. Was so glad when I learned he was a believer. Thanks for sharing this!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the information for voting for this young man...I thought he was great!
ReplyDeleteA wonderful post. Thanks for sharing the information about voting for Scott.
ReplyDeleteI love Fanny Crosby's hymns.Her attitude and faith are an inspiration.
Hi Charlotte, I'm another who doesn't watch American Idol, so I went and listened to him on YouTube and very much appreciated his music. It was his song No Fear and so encouraging for me! - You can find it at - http://www.sandwichINK.com/Scott-MacIntyre-No-Fear
ReplyDeleteAnd I also voted for him. :) Thanks for the very interesting article.
What a beautiful and inspiring post! Fanny Crosby - talk about faith in action!! I really appreciated this reminder because like you I think blindness must be one of the worse things. She put it all into perspective though, didn't she? And proved that we really don't need what we think we can't do without! Will be following along from here on out - looking forward to seeing a bit of your "home in Arizona!"
ReplyDeletemany blessings!
Ann
Fanny Crosby was amazing. I think Scott will win just because of all your votes, Charlotte. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful post! I don't watch American Idol, but Scott sounds like a beautiful person...inside and out! Good luck to him!
ReplyDeleteThis was a wonderful post. You are a blessing to many.
ReplyDeleteCharlotte, I too love Fanny Crosby's hymns. I've heard the story that she crawled down the aisle the night that she accepted Jesus as her Saviour. My favorite is Pass Me Not, O Gentle Saviour. Thanks for letting us share in this wonderful link Spiritual Sundays. Thank you for stopping by and leaving sweet comments.
ReplyDeleteI always learn something from you, dear Charlotte. This was so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteDear Charlotte, thank you for your visit today. I have been unable to visit much but I will try to make it my focus for tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteThis post is so interesting today. I truly loved Scott on American Idol. How awesome that you are touched by his music in your church. He is a wonderful singer and I was sad when he left Idol when he did. Also Fanny Crosby is a remarkable talent as well. Thanks for sharing this today.
Blessings, Jeanne
Hi Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteI'm learning a powerful lesson from those who walk by faith and grace despite having a handicap. As I listen and learn of their walk of faith, many never mention the word, handicap. To the natural eye, it may appear to be a life filled with sorrow and regret but to the one who faithfully trusts in God, it is the acknowledgement that, ""It seemed intended by the blessed providence of God...and I thank him for the dispensation"
To me, this is an affirmation of 2 Corinthians 12:9,
" 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me."
Blessings and peace.
MTJ
Hi Charlotte, Thanks for stopping by Dunlizzie's Corner. Thanks also for your post. I really am enjoying these Spiritual Sundays. God bless :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely post! Fannie Crosby is one of my favorite hymn writers but didn't know she wrote that many...incredible and how prolific! She's been such a blessing to many throughout the years. I also didn't realize how she became blind. I've never seen a full episode of American Idol but am glad to hear a Christian young man is in the running.
ReplyDeleteI'm reading the book of Job, will be on chapter eleven tomorrow; you're right, count your many blessings, name them one by one. Count your many blessings, see what God has done. Count your blessings, name them one by one. Count your many blessings, see what God has done!
I'm blessed well beyond my deserving!
I enjoy Fannie Crosby's hymns, but I didn't know much about her life, except that she was blind. Thank you for telling more about her.
ReplyDeleteHi Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteI was so surprised to see that you are an Arizona Blogger. I blog and I live in Arizona, too. Does that make me an Arizona Blogger? If so, I would love to be listed on your blog!
Now to your post. I loved the story about Scott and Fanny because they are blind and I am working with a visually impaired student at the school where I am a special ed TA. It is so encouraging to hear about how they viewed their lives as blessings from God. I would love to read Randy Acorn's book as well.
I've thought about doing a post concerning being blind but from a different point~comparing it to the spiritual blindness that the Lord talks about.
It was great meeting you, and enjoyed your sweet home here.
Blessings,
Janis
I happened to see this post on your sidebar and came to read it. I remember that Scott was a member of Scottsdale Bible Church and I thought he was an excellent musician. Regarding Fannie, I heard that quote once and was amazed. Anytime I begin to feel sorry for myself, all I have to do is think about how God used Fanny. He can use anyone who is willing to submit to His leading and purpose.
ReplyDeleteBtw, I see Janis' comment above. I recently 'met' her through our blogs and she is from Tucson. She's very sweet.
Blessings and love,
Debbie