Friday, June 11, 2010

The First and The Last

The following is a quote from Ron Dunn taken from a book entitled The Book of Wisdom.
"I am the first and the last," Jesus said. He is present at the beginning and at the end. He is there at the moment of birth and the moment of death. He is there when we set out on our Christian journey and He is there when we finish our course.
When the kings of the earth sleep in the dust of the ground and their power has vanished like a wisp of smoke, when all the enduring monuments of the world have turned into the mists that the morning sun drives away, when all the great men of the earth lie silent in their graves, Jesus will still be here.
It was the known presence of Jesus that calmed the apostle's heart. Christ does not say to us, "Fear not, here is a million dollars," or "Fear not, here is a miracle drug." He says, "Fear not, it is I." Jesus' presence always banished fear, and it still does...
Jesus said, "I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you" (Hebrews 13:5).
The one constant in the believer's life is the presence of Jesus. Teilhard de Chardin was right when he said, "Joy is not the absence of pain but the presence of God."
I chose to share the above quote today for Spiritual Sundays in part because of the many problems that are a part of the daily lives of so many. I love that last sentence in the above quote. "Joy is not the absence of pain but the presence of God."

For links to other inspirational posts, click HERE to go to our Spiritual Sundays blog. You may want to share something by linking there or you may just want to read what others have shared.

22 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this, Charlotte! I love the new look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post Charlotte. I adore your new blog background. Blessings to you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte, This post really blessed me today. I love the quote
    "Joy is not the absence of pain but the presence of God."
    I am going to post it on our frig and on our mirror. I want to have the joy of the Lord every day, to be a witness to others through the pain in their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlotte, Thank-you so much for this awesome post today. I LOVE your new blog, it beautiful just like you ;)
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are cited which invites us to meditation that deepened the mysteries of salvation.
    God you do because he knew binecuvaneze Word.
    Wish you a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful and heartfelt post today...

    I love your new background as well! You have such a talent :)

    Bless you my friend! May you have a beautiful weekend! Thank you so very much for sharing Spiritual Sundays with us each and every week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the reminder "Fear not, it is I". How often we place our trust in places that were never meant to be our "PEACE".

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the quote about joy! Thanks for this post today. It was a great reminder of the character of God.

    I really like the look of your blog...especially the picture.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like that quite...Joy is not the absence of pain but the prsence of God. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ditto on the quote. Jesus never promised our lives would be without pain and sufferin, but He did promise to always be with us.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Words of wisdom. I am blessed to visit here today. Keep writing. God is using you. God bless, Dr. Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  12. I searched Ron Dunn and found out a little about him. He was a tremendous servant of God who suffered much. Thanks so much for sharing his thoughts.
    Have a blessed Sunday,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  13. his is a beautiful quote. I'm going to copy it and send it to some friends.
    Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, how encouraging and what a truth. This scripture is a constant reminder to me that He will not leave or forsake us. Thank you, Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is a perfect post for me this week. and it's so true...He is the calming factor when life seems too hard. Have a great day Charlotte. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very comforting post! I love the new look of your blog and the picture of you with that beautiful curly hair!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great post, Charlotte. We're all afraid at times, but like the Psalmist David said, "What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee." Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful post, Charlotte. How I needed to hear that, "Fear not, it is I". Blessings, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  19. Charlotte, this was perfect to hear today. Thank you for sharing. It really touched my heart. Blessings Anne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing those beautiful Words, Charlotte. Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  21. BEAUTIFUL WORDS THANKS. ROSE

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Charlotte,
    So glad Jesus is with us all the time and he never departs from us, it is us who leaves him and stops visiting with him, he is our Constant!!!!!And for that I am ever grateful!!!!
    Enjoyed that one
    hugs,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte