Monday, June 28, 2010

AIRPORT BREAKFAST

We hadn't been to the Deer Valley Airport restaurant in quite awhile and had heard that it had recently been remodeled, so we decided to drive out there this morning for breakfast. For those not acquainted with Deer Valley, it's in far north Phoenix, a small airport where you can sit in the restaurant, eat and watch the planes, mostly very small ones, take off and land. It's really quite interesting and the food is pretty good. One of the new things in the remodeled restaurant was this beautiful mural. Of course I had my camera with me and couldn't resist taking a picture and sharing it here.


Notice the small model airplanes hanging from the ceiling? Someone donated their collection of model airplanes to the airport several years ago. There are hundreds of them hanging everywhere in the airport -- very interesting.

Hope everyone is having a good summer. I can't believe the 4th of July is almost here. It won't be long till Christmas. LOL
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Hi Charlotte, Thank you for posting this quaint little airport restaurant. My brother loves to fly small airplanes. He and my husband recently drove across the US and back and enjoyed AZ so very much. I'll be sure to show him your post ~ he will love the mural and models. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love to go to airports for the food as well as to watch what you may not see at other places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of our fav places to breakfast ... in fact, DH's RC flying club gathers there each Friday.
    Uh-oh, now I'm getting hungry for "Jose's Special"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI!!!
    I love to eat there!!!Our son took flying lessons there before he was 16, could fly a plane but could not drive!!!He never soloed as he failed the FAA physical, he was diagnosed with a Benign Essential Tremor, and that kept him out of planes, The Air Force Academy and west Point.
    Oh well, God had other plans for him, he is starting his senior year of Law School this fall and will one day make a FINE Corporate Lawyer!!!!This fall he will work for the city of Mesa in an awarded externship.
    No doubt he will be involved in many different types of cases!!!
    I use to sit there and have a snack or ice tea and wait for him. I should donate C.J.'s old model planes to them!!!
    Happy 4th to you
    hugs,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leah is beautiful. You are quite talented. Hope you have a blessed weekend.
    andrea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte