Saturday, October 17, 2009

Who is Micey?

If you follow the Spiritual Sundays blog, you most likely know the answer to the question in the title of this post. If you don't know Michelle (Micey) I hope you will go to her blog and get acquainted. She recently changed the title of her blog to Stepping Out In Faith To The Nations. For several years now she has had her heart set on being a missionary, and now that dream is about to be fulfilled. Those of us who have followed her blog know that she has been a "missionary" for a long time, just not in a foreign land. Now she is looking forward to serving in Africa.

So, why am I writing my Spiritual Sundays post about Micey, who is also a friend of mine on Facebook? I have been inspired by her love for the Lord, her dedication, her testimony on her blog, and I want you to be inspired too. And, I want you to pray for her as she makes life-changing decisions and steps out in faith to follow the dream that God has placed in her heart.

You can click HERE to go to Micey's blog.

Romans 10:14-15 14 But before people can ask the Lord for help, they must believe in him; and before they can believe in him, they must hear about him; and for them to hear about the Lord, someone must tell them;15 and before someone can go and tell them, that person must be sent. It is written, "How beautiful is the person who comes to bring good news." (NCV)

You can click HERE to go to the Spiritual Sundays blog for links to other spiritual/inspirational posts. We hope you will want to participate as well. You will find instructions there on how to do it.

30 comments:

  1. She is an awesome sister in Christ, on-fire for the Lord! And I know with that obedient heart, the Lord will use her mightily. It's a great journey to follow her and be inspired by her. Thank you for sharing sister Micey! Have a great weekend to you sister Charlotte! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TY for sharing Micey's mission, Charlotte ... may her journey be full & rich.

    Have a lovely weekend. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte,
    I have been following Micey for awhile now and I look forward to hearing about her journey with the Lord to whatever faraway places He takes her...for she will not be traveling alone. God Bless!


    Hugs,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! I don't know what to say except thank you! You are so kind! You are one of the people I consider to be such a person to value and look up to, for your faithfulness, for your strong marriage, for you devotion to the Lord. I love you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for posting about Micey. I wish her well in her new ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Micey is a real sweetheart! I have no doubt that the Lord will complete the good work He has begun in her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello dear Friend,
    I too have been blessed by Micey, she has been such an inspiration to us all. I am so happy that she has taken this step of faith, I know that she will be such a blessings to others as she takes this journey.Thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is an amazing woman of God. She is in my prayers.It is exciting to be able to read about her progress with her dream.What a wonderful sweet post Charlotte.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Charlotte,
    I too have been blessed by Micey's testimony. I am proud of her for stepping out in faith and allowing the Lord to lead her into a strange place. It will be a journey and God will be there every step of the way. Thank you for sharing about her in your post today. Have a wonderful Sunday.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Charlotte, I've never heard of Micey but am going to read her blog. Thanks for the heads up on this. Have a great weekend. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's sweet of you to write about her, Charlotte. Praying God will use her mightily for His glory ~

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have just recently began following Micey's blog and she is truly an inspriration. I just know she will be a blessing to all as she goes about doing what God has called her to do. I will definitely keep her in prayer. Blessings to you, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love visiting Micey! She has a beautiful heart for the Lord and I know she is smack in the middle of the LORDs will for her life!! IT's exciting to see happen before us!

    Thanks for sharing this with others...she is so deserving!

    love you Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  14. How sweet of you to dedicate your SS to your friend and her mission. I'm going to her blog now. I will pray for her, I admire anyone who can do this.

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  15. now that my cookies and spyware is working correctly I can visit others blogs without a long wait...I will visit Micey's blog. Charlotte thank you for being willing to help me on Friday. robin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds wonderful! I will check her blog out for sure! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So wonderful she is following God's direction for her life. We each have our part God has designed us to play as a body part in The Body of Christ.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Micey is a special servant of God's, and I wish her well. I hope that you have a happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have been thinking about Micey and the adventure before her....it connects for me with kay Warren's choice to surrender to God's purpose which has her traveling around the world to help those in need. Micey is a testimony to listening to the voice of God who puts the desires in our heart....Thanks for bringing her to mind again...lifting her up in prayer.
    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Charlotte,

    I am getting to know Micey through Spiritual Sundays, and only in the last few weeks have I realized her heart's desire to serve the Lord in Africa. My prayers are with her, and will follow her there for the duration of her mission. What a privilege it is to be called by God to tell people of his love and sacrifice on the cross for us. Sometimes I hear people complaining about a missionary coming to speak at service, and asking for more money...what is it they don't understand about that call to witness from the four corners of the earth? Its a sacrifice and a committment. We have had many at our church speak, bring their families to meet us, and share the unbelievable circumstances they live in, and the incredible power of God in their lives as they bring many, many people to salvation. As I sit in the comfort of my home, I sometimes wonder what it would be like to be called...would I go, knowing the difficulty that comes with it? The answer would rest in my faith...do I believe that God is calling me, and do I believe He'll stay with me...do I believe?

    Thanks for sharing this with all of us, letting us know so we can keep Micey in our hearts and prayers.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another great post that is a blessing to us all. An award awaits you, but I apologize for showing he wrong blog title for you. I am not the smartest kid on the block when it comes to this, and I was thinking one and doing another.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such courage! I, too, am touched by this lovely tribute to Micey.

    May you enjoy countless new blessings this week, Charlotte!

    Myra

    ReplyDelete
  23. I join you in praying for dear Micey, she is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful scripture! I love it. May God bless Micey in her new endeavor as she is called!

    Love,
    Sonya Lee

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for sharing about Micey and her passion for Christ.

    Thanks for stopping by and leaving a note!

    In Ephesians 2:13 Paul wrote, “But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.”

    Praise God for His unspeakable gift of grace.

    Have a glorious week walking with the Lord Jesus. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you Charlotte. I'm going to her post now.
    The Lord showers all His people with blessings and abundant grace.

    Have a wonderful week .

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is a giving thing to post about her . I visited her blog & I will be praying for her .
    ~Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  28. May God bless Micey mightily! She does have such a heart. Prayers for her as she ventures on her journey.

    Thanks for the scripture...I thought it was perfect for this post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte