Monday, October 12, 2009

IS THE NOBEL PRIZE A "NOBLE" PRIZE?

The majority of those polled believe this was political. What do you think?

I found the following article on the Fox Nation website.

What are the Nobel Prize Committee Chairman's Socialist Ties?

With the choice of President Obama for the Nobel Peace Prize inspiring such widespread befuddlement, it seems worthwhile to ask, just who are these people who made this choice, and what might their agenda be?
Accompanying news stories on the award were photos of a smiling Thorbjorn Jagland, chairman of the Nobel Peace Prize Committee, admiringly hold a photo of the U.S. president.

This is the man who spoke gushingly about the hope Obama has inspired. Who is Thorbjorn Jagland?

Some stories have reported that he is the former prime minister of Norway, and that he was the leader of the Norwegian Labor Party for 10 years. But he recently completed an even more interesting 10-year tenure.

From 1999 through 2008, Jagland was vice president of Socialist International. What’s that? It’s exactly what the name suggests – an international organization of socialist groups who advocate for far left policies. It also boasts of “consultative status” with the United Nations.


12 comments:

  1. It is very interesting! But I believe this is the 'world's view' of peace. I wrote about peace today too on Heart Choices.

    Here is a link to a Norwegain blogger friend of mine. L-Jay lives in Tromso, Norway which is close to the Arctic Circle. I find it interesting the varying opinions depending on their locations and politics.
    http://mylittlenorway.com/2009/10/outrage-in-norway-over-obama-winning-prize/

    Blessings to you and hope you had a great birthday.

    Love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We heard Laura Ingraham when she appeared on Bill O'Reilly's show, and she said the same thing. The rest of the world seems to have gone insane with Socialist agenda, to control and rule people, and the United States finally has a president that is willing and anxious to join them. What is interesting to me is that so many people saw this prior to the election. Is this what the American people really want? Do they know what it really is? Can those that don't want it, stop it? Perhaps Daniel, Zecharias, and Revelation have the answers to that question.

    Thanks for posting about this, Charlotte...some of my friends are putting in their heads in the sand like an ostrich, but I don't think we should be doing that. Not to fear, but to prepare by drawing close to the Lord, and obey the command to be His witnesses.

    God bless,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte,
    Thanks for posting this today...I read this also. It just makes my blood boil!



    ~Hugs,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. My head is not normally in the sand, but this one caught me off guard. It just does not make sense no matter what your political views.

    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I saw this my first thought was for now on this award is not as prestigious as I thought it once was. How sad.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. This whole thing is horrifying to me!
    When I first read that he had received the Nobel prize I thought the reporter had made a mistake.
    Obviously someone has.
    This is just plain rediculous!.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stopped in today to catch up with you Charlotte! I so appreciate the way you speak your mind and inform us when you find these things!

    Bless you, and happy belated birthday!!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Charlotte!!!
    I shook my head in bewilderment when I hear they gave him the Nobel Peace Prize, it was a joke until I read your post, as I missed most news on tv over the week-end, after being sick all week, I was out and about enjoying our fabulous fall weather!!!! I think I understand more and more, yes, this Man is hell bent on making our great country a socialist Nation and unless it is all meant to be Biblically I am NOT going to put my head in the sand, I will fight this til the end!!!!
    You will join me --right???
    hugs,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Charlotte,
    GREAT post and the answer is 'obviously not!' What could have been viewed as a notable prize has been greatly diminished in many of the recepients awarded it. This year's choice just is pathetic and only adds to the already over-inflated EGO and makes this "Prize" not worth mentioning.

    What is interesting though and somewhat hopeful is the worldwide shock at the announcement.

    Americans do need to make their voices heard over the absolute transformation that is occurring in our country.

    Stop watching just the network news. There IS a reason this administration is attacking Fox News! Listen to what IS really happening and question, question,question your elected officials. Remember they WORK FOR US!

    Hugs,
    ~Lynn♥


    ~Lret FREEDOM Ring!~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Charlotte, it is nice to meet you (I like your name!). Thank you for posting this. It is good that we really think about the stuff going on in our country, especially where our president is concerned. He is the leader of our country and everything he does (or doesn't do) effects our nation in some way.

    Frankly, I was shocked that he got this award. I respect Him because he is the authority God has allowed to be in the presidency at this time, but receiving the Nobel Peace Prize? To me, that is disrespecting all the people who have actually done something for peace. What has he done? Loosened the laws on abortion so more babies can be killed? At no time in history have we had a president who has had so little regard for the unborn, and made it so easy for them to lose their lives. In that war against the innocent and helpless of our society he has brought no peace.

    Him getting the award fits in with the other trends in our society. The celebrity syndrome...
    recognition, fame and fortune for putting on an act, looking in the camera (like Hollywood),not for
    who you really are or anything valuable that you have done.

    I pray that he will become someone worthy of such an award. That his character will demonstrate what is good and praise worthy and not what is questionable. That he would seek to do good for our country and not seek his own fame. That God would use him for His purposes and His glory.

    Sorry for the speech!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "I pray that he will become someone worthy of such an award. That his character will demonstrate what is good and praise worthy and not what is questionable. That he would seek to do good for our country and not seek his own fame. That God would use him for His purposes and His glory."

    Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Believe me Charlotte, I went on a CRAZY RANTING rampage once the news came out that he had one this award.
    I find it insane and totally political as this man was only in office for a "mere" 11 days and hadn't performed anything in the way of "peace" in that amount of time.

    Since WHEN does someone get rewarded on the "hope" they will do something regarding peace??

    When I traveled to No. Ireland once...I was touring an area with a local Pastor and he pointed out their recent "Nobel Peace Price" winner...the other American and I went to him and asked to have our photo taken with him.

    NOW that was a man who had really brokered PEACE.

    This is so unfair but hang on it's going to get worse.....raise your voice on many things while you still can.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte