Everybody Everywhere Needs Somebody Sometime is the title of one of Helen Steiner Rice's poems. I was just reading the poem, and thought "that is so true." I want to share it with you today for Spiritual Sundays.
Everybody, everywhere,no matter what his station,Has moments of deep lonelinessand quiet desperation.For this lost and lonely feelingis inherent in mankind--It is just the Spirit speakingas God tries again to findAn opening in the "worldly wall"man builds against God's touch,For he feels so self-sufficientthat he does not need God much,So he vainly goes on strugglingto find some explanationFor these disturbing, lonely moodsof inner isolation . . .But the answer keeps eluding himfor in his selfish finite mindHe does not even recognizethat he cannot ever findThe reason for life's emptinessunless he learns to shareThe problems and the burdensthat surround him everywhere --But when his eyes are openedand he looks with love at othersHe begins to see not strangersbut understanding brothers . . .So open up your hardened heartsand let God enter in --He only wants to help youa new life to begin . . .And every day's a good dayto lose yourself in othersAnd anytime a good timeto see mankind as brothers,And this can only happenwhen you recognize it's truethat everyone needs someoneand that someone is you!-Helen Steiner RiceAnd speaking of friends, there is no other friend like Jesus. He's the greatest friend of all, so if Jesus is not your friend, you need to make that your number one priority to get to know this wonderful Savior. Reading other posts in Spiritual Sundays will be helpful, and of course, the Bible is the best place to go.I hope you will go to our Spiritual Sundays blog for links to more spiritual/inspirational posts. If you want to participate, you can find the instructions there as well.

Oh Charlotte, what a beautiful poem and such truth. I hear people say they are lonely and often wonder if they would just reach out to others how many friends they would have. Such a blessing for Sunday. Thanks so much for sharing. Hugs, Marty
ReplyDeleteI'm so thankful for caring friends. I don't know what I'd do without them but even more so ...I don't know what I'd do without Jesus.
ReplyDeleteHappy Sunday Charlotte!
Hugs,
Debbie
Charlotte, that poem surely does speak the truth! In our fallen condition, we do have a deep void, and we search and searc, but there is no other source of fulfillment than the Lord Jesus...and He sends US to be His ambassador to the lost and hurting, to show them how to fll that empty, lonely void in their lives. So glad you posted this...I hope its okay to copy it and send to my friends.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful week-end, Charlotte!
God bless you,
Mary
I love HSR's poems and this one is great, of course! May many who hasn't found that greatest friendship that Jesus offers come by here and find out about Him. Have a great weekend sister Charlotte and God bless you.
ReplyDeleteThis is such a beautiful poem. I know so many people who are unhappy with life. The sad thing is they don't even realize that it could be and would be so much better if they had God in the middle of everything!
ReplyDeleteThank-you for sharing this wonderful poem.
God Bless,
Ginger
Wayne and I took the day off today, it's noon and I'm still barefoot and in my jammies, life is good.
What a beautiful poem, Charlotte! I'm so glad I know Jesus and even in my alone times, I know He is with me. Thank you for sharing and have a happy Sunday.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Sandi
Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteI too, am a big fan of HSR's poems. She does speak to our hearts doesn't she?
I don't know what I'd do without my Christian friends...and Jesus - always there when you need Him.
Blessings,
Jean
Lovely poem, Charlotte....Friends are such a blessing and having Jesus as our friend is the best!
ReplyDeleteCharlotte,
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful poem and I am so thankful for loving friends but I know the ONE TRUE Friend that will never leave or hurt me is JESUS ~ the ONE I will ALWAYS be able to TRUST!
Bless you this day Charlotte ~ I am BLESSED Ato call you friend!
Can you imagine people who are so self sufficient they don't need God as she writes? I'm so grateful for the Lord and the many loving people in my life.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing that great poem, Charlotte.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing that beautiful poem. It just felt good to read it. Happy Birthday!!
ReplyDeleteGod bless you Anne
Such a great poem, thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHelen Steiner Rice is a talented lady. I agree that Jesus is THE friend to have.
ReplyDeleteYou always seem to find the most beautiful poetry. Thank you so much for sharing the poignant piece with us!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE her poems, and this was an especially good one. Whatever would this world be like without our friends?? And of course you are right, with Jesus right at the very top of our list. Have a wonderful day. Blessings to you, Debbie
ReplyDeleteOh the truth of this poem! Where would we be without friends and the greatest friend of all, Jesus.
ReplyDeleteThanks for blessings us with this.
Thanks for sharing that beautiful poem.
ReplyDeletecindy
Hi Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteI haven't visited in a while but I pray for you as the LORD brings you to mind. I am so glad I visited today and so enjoyed your sharing.
Remain encouraged in the LORD.
Love and blessings
Thanks for sharing this thoughtful poem, Charlotte! I love Helen Steiner Rice's poems. Yes, Jesus is the Best Friend of all! I'm so thankful for my brothers and sisters in Christ like you who encourage and edify one another.
ReplyDeleteHi Sis,
ReplyDeleteHappy Sunday!! I look forward to our Spiritual Sunday Visits. I love Helen she was one who sparked my interest in pursuing writing poems as well as Maya Angelo and a few others. but Helen's books were the first books of poetry that caught my interest. Thanks for sharing this beautiful post, and for sharing your heart with me once again on my post.
Hugz Lorie
Hi Charlotte, I admire Helen Steiner Rice's poems so much. Thank you for sharing this one. The words in that poem really speak to everyone. Being lonely and feeling alone is the saddest thing.
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Jeanne
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHell Charlotte. Such a beautiful poem.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing.
Blessings.
Yes, Jesus is our greatest friend. Great Post.I am so thankful for meeting blogging friends like you Charlotte & for the friends on SS.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the well wishes for my Birthday.8~)
~Myrna
Good Morning...
ReplyDeleteI'm linking late...I'm so sorry, but I wanted to share the message from Sunday.
Thanks Charlotte for the gorgeous pictures and message. When I see pictures like these I'm just in awe at what things God can do...and this is just EARTH? I can only image the images in HEAVEN!
I'm so glad that I have a friend in Jesus. It's truly a comfort to know that he loves me just as I am...
Here's my link if you'd like to visit for this week:
http://mssharlottessouthernreflections.blogspot.com/2009/10/courageous-generosity.html
Wow Charlotte!
ReplyDeleteThat really spoke to me today! This week has been a difficult one for me - being so far from family and friends hits me harder at different times of the year. It is always amazing to me how God seems to reach out to us when we need Him the most - oftentimes through the words of another.
Thank you for sharing this - it is something I needed to hear today!
((Hugs))
Kymber