Sunday, October 4, 2009

ANOTHER BIRTHDAY

No, today is not my birthday. Tomorrow is. Just like a little kid, I couldn't wait. I intended to post this tomorrow but decided to go ahead and post today. I started celebrating last night and will continue on through tomorrow. Why make just one day of it?

Last night our kids took us to the Outback Steak House for dinner and then afterwards to their house for dessert. Carol had baked a peach cobbler in the new Le Creuset pan which was one of my gifts. Here are a couple of pictures.


Of course I wanted a picture of me holding the beautiful pan holding my beautiful peach cobbler. Oh, and what was in the box? Another smaller Le Creuset pan, and lovely potholder (glove type) and kitchen towel from Sur la Table.

I'll continue celebrating tomorrow which is my actual birthday. Hubby has already told me he's taking me out to breakfast and lunch. He's getting me a computer program I've been wanting. Life is good.

25 comments:

  1. Happy Sunday...
    And Happy Birthday!! It looks like you had a wonderful time with your children, boy my husband is so jealous right now of that pan of preach cobbler. His mom used to make it for him, she passed away and I don't know how to bake (sigh)

    I wish you all things beautiful and blessed. Hugz Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Charlotte! Don't you just love dragging it out to continue celebrating? I do.

    The peach cobbler sounds so yummy! Have a wonderful day tomorrow.

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first visit and just in time to wish you a happy birthday! Go ahead..celebrate ALL week! Wish I had peach cobbler right now:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to you sister Charlotte! May God bless you and give you more many wonderful birthdays to come! That dessert looked sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!!!

    Your gifts look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday. I love your beautiful peach cobbler and your pan is wonderful. I hope you have a whole week of celebrating. God Bless. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy, Happy Birthday, Charlotte ... all the live-long day!
    What a great attitude about stretccccching the celebration.
    I hope your "new year" is the best yet!

    Myra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, dear, Chalotte, happy birthday to you! Believe me, having no sound to my song is much better than hearing me sing it! Definitely stretch it out at least a week...Clif can add a couple of dinners to the breakfast and lunch, right? You know, of course, that he gave away your age on his blog, but I must say, you look absolutely fabulous! Love your sweet smile in the picture holding the peach cobbler...that beautiful pan and cobbler would make anyone smile!

    Blessings for your birthday!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Charlotte,
    I'm bringing the vanilla ice cream to go with that delicious looking peach cobbler, okay? My mouth is watering just thinking about it! Have a very Happy Birthweek (LOL!) and continue the celebration!

    Hugs,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday, my dear friend! I pray God's abundant blessings on you and hope you enjoy your breakfast and lunch date with Clif tomorrow!

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Happy Birthday Charlotte! I hope your day is just perfect.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday, Charlotte! You look great! Have a wonderful time celebrating with your sweet husband!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Charlotte and thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.

    I want to wish you a very happy birthday! I pray your day will be just wonderful.

    I scrolled down and read other posts and must say that Steve Harvey's intro gave me goosebumps on my knees. Really! It was beautiful and powerful.

    You and your daughter certainly do resemble one another. Both so beautiful!

    I am adding you to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday, Charlotte! How fun. Be blessed especially on your special day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just popped over and enjoyed my first visit. Happy Birthday to you!! (Drag it out as long as possible.)

    Will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday Charlotte~~ It sounds like your having a wonderful birthday. I think it was last year that you celebrated all week, that's my kind of birthday. Enjoy your breakfast and lunch.
    Happy Birthday,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy birthday, Charlotte! I hope that you get everything you want!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Charlotte,
    I just posted the "Over the Top" Award you were so kind to give me. I had fun with trying to use only one word! Thanks!


    Hugs,
    Jean

    P.S. Hope your birthday has been wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday charlotte! I hope you have a wonderful day !;~)
    ~Myrna Lee

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy, Happy Birthday, Charlotte!!
    I hope you have had a great, fun day with hubby at breakfast and lunch. Life is good, isn't it.
    The pics of you and your daughter in the brownie uniforms are so cute.
    Thanks for paying me a visit. The Ingalls's house was a lot of fun. They did change things in the series. For instance, Mary did not marry.
    Have a great week and I wish you many more birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice; hope your celebration continued to be a happy one---You look younger instead of older!!!!! WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Charlotte...Happy Birthday! I landed on this blog, maybe the wrong one, but I love Le Creuset so much, I'm leaving my comment here. Lucky you! That is a wonderful gift! Oh, and we still love Outback, too, after all these years!

    ReplyDelete
  23. A happy birthday to you. You get to celebrate all week, you know.
    Glad your family is helping you have such a wonderful birthday.
    Happy birthday again. And blessings for a wonderful year ahead!
    Hugs. Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Charlotte,
    May I wish you a belated, but very Happy Birthday. I use the Le Creuset cookware and really enjoy it. Even though it is quit heavy, it cooks everything so evenly. What I like most is that you can cook and bake in it.

    I have been having some problems with my computer lately, but am hoping our friend in San Antonio will be able to help me.
    I will be remembering you in prayer as you travel this week, and please pray for travel mercy for us as we will be leaving quit early today.

    Thank you so much for visiting, and I am so glad that you are enjoying your gifts.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte