SOME QUOTES I LIKE . . .You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. - Jeremiah 29:13
Jesus made it clear by word and deed that to know him was to know God, to see him was to see God, to believe in him was to believe in God, to receive him was to receive God, to reject him was to reject God, and to honor him was to honor God. - John Stott
Like a father saying about his sick child, "I'd do anything to make you well," God finally calls his own bluff and does it. Jesus Christ is what God does and the cross is where he did it. - Frederick Buechner
Without having a reliable testimony for the emptiness of Jesus' tomb, the early Christian community could not have survived in Jerusalem proclaiming the resurrection of Christ. - Wolfhart Pannenberg
True Christianity is not a matter of rules and regulations. God does not deal with people like an accountant, but accepts them freely when they respond to his love. - F.F. Bruce
Christianity is a statement which, if false, is of no importance, and, if true, of infinite importance. The one thing it cannot be is moderately important. - C.S. Lewis
I'm afraid this last quote defines the majority of people in our country today. Too many people think that Christianity is moderately important. It was mostly for another time and another people. In other words, it's OK, but doesn't really have anything to do with my life. How can this attitude be changed is the question I would ask.

Ginger and I are so pleased that so many are relating to us how much the Spiritual Sundays blog means to them. I'm always thrilled when I see a new name on the Linky list that I haven't seen there before. Everyone is welcome to join us each week to uplift others and to be uplifted by what others have posted. Click here for more information if you would like to join us.
We have to shout His name from the roof tops!
ReplyDeleteI'd never thought about the comparison to a parent's sacrifices for a sick child. That is a wonderful illustration. Thank you for Spiritual Sundays!
ReplyDeleteI love all your quotes! Thank you for sharing them with us. Have a wonderful and restful Sunday.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Sandi
You pose a very hard question Charlotte as too many people today feel they are not getting what they need at one church they just leave and go to another -- like church hopping is the answer to Christianity today. I do not have any answers I just do not think Jesus would think what we do today was right-- almost like we need the 10 commandments put upon us again to refresh our memories! But thats just my opinion! God Bless and enjoyed your insight!
ReplyDeleteKaryl
(pronounced Carol and I am blonde blue eyed female incase you might wonder)
I think the key words in the Jeremiah scripture are "seek" and "with ALL your heart!" We must seek diligently, and wholeheartedly!
ReplyDeleteKatherine
Charlotte, I pray for these people. God does not want us to be luke warm.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Ginger
Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteI just know that we are to "keep on keeping on." That just might be the answer - to keep on doing what we're led to do so others may see and know that Jesus lives in and through us.
Just blog hopping tonight and enjoyed reading your blog...Great post.
ReplyDeleteI am posting on our Disney trip so hope you will stop by. Also, the June giveaway starts today...all comments left in June will be in the drawing for the "June Card Box"! You will have to go down a few posts to read about the monthly giveaway.
The intervention of God is the only way. Happy SS Sunday.
ReplyDeleteI think it can start to be changed when we, as Christians, start acting like we believe what we say we believe, that Jesus is who He says He is. The Good News is truly that, and when we get excited about it and live it to the fullest, then people will want what we have. It is the excitement of knowing the Savior that is contagious. I think many of us live defeated lives when He gave us the power of the Holy Spirit to change things through prayer and through our actions. Most churches are not doing this for people, and it's up to us an individual Christians to spread that joy and the other fruit of the Spirit to a dying, hurting world! He is magnificent, and we should not be ashamed of the emotion of excitement that comes from thinking about our first love which should always be Him. :-)
ReplyDeleteXO,
Sheila
Our lives must testify to His mercy,goodness, and delivering power, then the world will see Him as the beautiful Savior. We must be His ambassadors...proclaiming the Good News! Great post Charlotte!
ReplyDeleteCharlotte... The CS Lewis is one of my favorite quotes too.. I enjoyed the others as well...
ReplyDeleteI agree that we must pray for those that do not know the Lord... and live our lives reflecting God within us.
My Dad use to say... "Even the atheist cries for the Lord's Mercy on their death bed"... and the Lord is Merciful.
blessings. Dixie
ps.. I found Lahoma Herron... alive and well, living just outside Waco Texas...
Thanks, Charlotte. And blessings to you.
ReplyDeleteWow. Some good quotes here. I really like the way C.S. Lewis thinks!
ReplyDelete"I'm afraid this last quote defines the majority of people in our country today. Too many people think that Christianity is moderately important. It was mostly for another time and another people. In other words, it's OK, but doesn't really have anything to do with my life."
ReplyDeleteThis is so true and so sad. It breaks my heart to know how many people "think" they know Him. Sadly they know "about" Him, but they do not KNOW Him.
Susan
Your blog is lovely, Charlotte. All the flowers are beautiful. Thanks for the great quotes. I especially like the one from C.S. Lewis.
ReplyDeleteI love reading great quotes. Today I especially like the CS Lewis one. Thank you for sharing, Charlotte! Have a blessed day.
ReplyDeleteWonderful quotes-thans for sharing and how true your thoughts on the last quote. Blessings throughout the week
ReplyDeleteHello dear Charlotte, We just arrived at Our hotel in Yellowstone National Park. We have been on the road for 13 hours. sigh! Time here is two hours earlier then in EST. It is 10:11 pm. We are so happy to have a connection for our computer.
ReplyDeleteI linked to Spiritual Sunday in such a hurry this morning I goofed. Thank you so much for fixing it for me and for your sweet comment. We were at Rocky Mtn. Nat'l. Park this am.
I too like the C.S. Lewis quote. Our minister in our church asks the congregation every Sunday, "Do you know Jesus? Do you really know him?" It makes one think about it very seriously. To be a Christian means everything in one's life. Love your post today. Thank you for sharing the quotes that make us think.
Hugs...Jeanne
I love CS Lewis. I have a difficult time defining this statement because I think a lot of people confuse Christianity or faith in Christ with membership in a religion or church. I grew up with far too much importance in this latter type of belief system. I believe in Christ as my Savior. And I believe anyone who has accepted Christ as the one and only God belongs to the family of Believers. I think that's what the majority of Believers call Christianity, but to the rest of the world Christianity just means you aren't Jewish, Muslim, etc. I wish the church I grew up in and the church in which my husband and I started our own family believed more in the power of living for Christ, not for church membership or apprearance. Anyway, you bring an interesting point to the table, Charlotte! Have a beautiful week...Kathy
ReplyDelete