I had not planned to participate in V.T.T. this week but when I saw that vintage quilts was the subject, I couldn't resist posting about this Cathedral Window quilt I made back in the 70s. I don't know if it qualifies for "vintage" or not, but it seems pretty vintage to me. lol. This was our bedroom in our house we lived in at the time. Gold was the popular color for walls and carpets. This quilt was made all by hand. I found a website that tells how these quilts are made. I thought it was quite interesting. If you're interested, you can click here to find out how it's done. It was a big job. I thought I'd never get it finished.

The picture below is a quilt the church we were at gave to us made by the ladies of the congregation. They knew pink was my favorite color. This was also in the 70s or could have been very early 80s.

I have posted both of these pictures in the past, but it was quite some time ago.
P.S. You might want to check out my book giveaway. You will find the link for it on my sidebar. How Not To Look Old is the name of the book and I'll be giving 5 copies away.


Beautiful quilts Charlotte! This is sad...I've never ever owned a quilt. Can you belive it?!! Sad, but true. Yours are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHugs!
Kat
How pretty, the quilts are pretty too HEE~~ HEE~~
ReplyDeleteGinger
Those quilts are beautiful! The one from your church members is very special.
ReplyDeleteOnce I saw a cathedral quilt done in all white and yellow! (Yellow was the little windows) I wanted it so badly, but it cost something like $500 and I couldn't go that!
Your blog wallpaper and banner is so beautiful!
Katherine
aaahhhhhh pretty quilts! lovely! happy VTT
ReplyDeleteYour quilts are just beautiful. I know that Cathedral Window quilt took a lot of time..but is it ever gorgeous.Happy VTT and have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteThose are beautiful quilts. I can't imagine making one myself. I have some of my grandmother's quilts -- one really needs some repair!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing!
Beth
Charlotte, Your quilt is very pretty. I have made quilts. They are a lot of work. You look adorable. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Terrie
I know quite a lot of work went in that wonderful quilt. Thanks for sharing it with us.
ReplyDeleteThanks for participating on VTT this week! What a beautiful quilt. I just love it and the colors and design.
ReplyDeleteI really love your background and header, my oh my those are some beautiful flowers. Breathtaking!
Have a wonderful week!
The quilts are beautiful and your blog design is gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteyour cathedral block quilt is magic!..what an amazing job you did, truly a labour of love :)
ReplyDeleteI've never seen a quilt like that its stunning! You have done beautiful work. I checked out that website - and I dont know how you did it!!!! Your patience paid off though - its just amazing.
ReplyDeleteStephanie
...and talented, too! What a beautiful quilt you made. I've just dabbled in quilting (making squares) so I KNOW how much work and time went into it. Lovely!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Jean
Well I never saw them before and I think they are beautiful. That first one looks so complicated. I don't make quilts so they always look like a lot of work to me. Thanks for showing these again because they are a "first" for me and I think they're lovely
ReplyDelete