Wednesday, April 22, 2009

BOOK REVIEWS

"What?" you say. Charlotte is getting into book reviewing and book giveaways? As many of you know my hubby has been doing this for some time and he has encouraged me to start. He started blogging way before I did and couldn't understand why I didn't want to blog too because he was enjoying it so much. I really wasn't interested until I visited a few women's blogs and then I got interested. This time I decided to take his advice and give it a try. 

So, my first book to review arrived by UPS late yesterday. I have only had a chance to thumb through it and read a few pages. I have to tell you I am very impressed with the book and am eager to get more into it. 

How Not To Look Old - that was something I didn't need to be worried about for a long time, but now when I look in the mirror, I think, "When did it happen?" When we were first married people who came to our front door would ask me if my mother was home. This made me furious. I was well into my 20s.  Anyway, it has been a long time since anybody has asked me that question. LOL

Now, I want you to be aware that in the next few days I will be posting a review on my Charlotte's Weblog blog with instructions on how to win one. 

8 comments:

  1. Very interesting these book reviews you'll be doing. I will have to check them out.

    BTW, I tagged you for something called 8 Things. It's a way to get to know other bloggers. I wrote a post today on Heart Choices about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte,
    I am very anxious to know more about "How Not To Look Old!" LOL! I'm afraid, though, it may be geared to the 40ish crowd and not the 60ish crowd!

    L,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! It sounds like a very interesting job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a book that would have some good advise. I think the more I worry about how old I look the older I look.
    Blessings,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. This definitely looks like an intriguing one. I'll be interested to read your review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great blog. I like the shots of the birds below, how fun. I really liked the tomb photos from your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is one of the prettiest I have seen tonight.

    I am a new blogger and finding my away around.

    I have a great giveaway for April.
    You have to scan down to the "Card Box" post to see what it looks like...but it is a $75.00 value....
    It was so popular that I decided to give one away each month...For every comment you leave during the month, that puts you in the drawing that many times.....Hope you will visit soon
    ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte